epic ride to alaska completed...Shnizz is back!!!!

WELCOME BACK!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: Pics, pics, pics, where's the pics?

Did the same 10,000 mile ride some years back, wrote a book about the experience & still talking about it today. :thumbsup:

AlaskaRoad-J.jpg

KenaiPenn.jpg

AlaskaRoad-J.jpg

KenaiPenn.jpg

Amazing. I was thinking you were a bit crazy when you were planning this and I was probably right! But what an adventure - hats off to you and much respect :bowdown::bowdown:

:welcome: back :thumbsup: Been thinking about you and have even used your name in vain in a few post. Can't wait for your ride thread. :bowdown:

awesome news!! i knew you could do it!! looking forward to hearing all about it and seeing the pics!! :beerchug:

Sadly,my upload speed here is terribly slow so arrangements will be made to have them uploaded somewhere else. I will try to get a couple up today perhaps. Hey, Pashnit, I met quite a few ADV riders in Stewart BC, one who said he had taken a number of tours with you,seemed to know you quite well, took my pic and said he would send it to you.

I can't remember if he was the Asian fellow whos name I can't remember now, but i hooked up with one of their group many days later in Dawson City only to be told that the asian guy who was so nice and friendly to me,asked if I would like to ride with their group, had crashed badly 200 k south of Deadhorse on the Dalton,had to be ambulanced to DH, then air ambulanced to Fairbanks.

I was told he was the most experienced rider in the group of them, there were around 8 guys. A crash can happen anywhere to anybody at any time even to the most experienced of us.

on a side note, I was told a couple of times that it was funny that I was doing the same roads as all the adventure bike guys with all there big bags of gear and spare tires,electronic wizardry,Ortlieb,klim,Wolfman,BMW, high end expensive kit and bikes,and here I was with my paper maps on a street bike with street tires just tootleing along getting the job done same as them.....LOl.....bless thier hearts, they were all great guys.

I can't remember if he was the Asian fellow whos name I can't remember now, but i hooked up with one of their group many days later in Dawson City only to be told that the asian guy who was so nice and friendly to me,asked if I would like to ride with their group, had crashed badly 200 k south of Deadhorse on the Dalton,had to be ambulanced to DH, then air ambulanced to Fairbanks.

I was told he was the most experienced rider in the group of them, there were around 8 guys. A crash can happen anywhere to anybody at any time even to the most experienced of us.

Wow, small world!

Not sure who that is, but I'd have to ask around to some of the pashnit tours alumni.

Here are a couple of teaser pictures before my full ride report comes out.

This is the bike setup or the trip, a Givi plate was attached via metal to accept the top box plus an extra piece was welded on to hold my rotopax fuel cell, good for at least half a tank. If you look closely above the exhausts and the tail end of the bike, you can see I mounted my tarp poles onto my inner Givi side rack, the ends stuck out like gatling guns. A little later I would mount my camp mallet just above the footpeg and my rainsuit on the tail section for quick and easy access because I needed the suit a lot.

SAM_0136.jpg

Oh my god, look how close this bear is I'm sure he is getting ready to charge! Thank god I was able to duck behind the Busa and save myself from an ultimately painful demise. (But in reality he was pretty much ignoring me)

SAM_0384.jpg

The landscape and scenery were breathtaking around every corner beautiful, wild, remote...

SAM_0472.jpg

Awesome pics, Cant wait to see more. You must be a strong one to cary all that load on that bike :laugh: Congrats to you again:thumbsup:

Would love to do this ride but there's just something about camping in brown bear territory that bothers me.....don't wanna end up being a grizzlies' "Hot Pockets".

Ma'am you are a Busa Goddess:bowdown: Congrats on a safe trip and the accomplishment:thumbsup: I can't wait for the full ride report and pics.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

you must be small, because my fat arse wouldn't fit between the tank and your fuel cell like that , especially for thousands of miles. congratulations on a job well done and a life long memory.

I think it's so awesome that you made the trip. Congrats on a successful adventure! :thumbsup:

Back