epic ride to alaska completed...Shnizz is back!!!!

theshnizzle

Rainbow of Skittles
Registered
I just wanted to check in,a ride report with pics will be coming shortly. After almost a month on the road by myself,camping and guerilla camping,in the rain and hail with some sunshine,my trip of a lifetime is done. let me tell you,those adventure bike riders were absoutly floored when I rolled up on my busa.

I was doing the same trip,the same roads, with a couple of exceptions as they but on a street bike with street tires. I even rode Top of the World highway, a mis-nomer btw, it was hundreds of kilometers of unpaved gravel road in the wilds of Alaska/Yukon and I did it!!!!!

The KLR and BMW guys were totally hi-5ing me in Dawson city yukon. I was a bit of a mini celebrity there for doing that particular road on that particular bike. But.....it just about broke me as a rider,and i admit to perhaps a few tears squeezing out from the sheer difficulty of it. but I hung in ( and hung on!!) and perservered.

riding up there is a fantastic experience,so wild and remote,and generally un-spoiled. I saw soooooo many bears!!! black bears and grizzlys!!

Enough for now,you must wait until I get pics uploaded for a full tale......

Cheers all......and I DID IT!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

thank goodness you had such a great time...cant wait to hear the storys in 20 days at Haya's in the Hills!!

That rocks. It's good to see you made it back safe. I can't wait to read the ride report.

I am so glad you made it back safe. I as well as many others was worried about you. You are back now and cant wait to see the pics. I hope you got a lot of the wild life you spoke of. Now we wait. Congrats:thumbsup:

So glad to hear that you're back home safely. Can't wait to see the pics.

Great ride, high point of anyone's life, you will not be the same. Done it on a Ultra, you realize how small man is on this planet after that ride. White Horse and Destruction Bay, Denali, McKinley, etc etc, we have a beautiful planet.

iphone pics 013.jpg

iphone pics 012.jpg

oh here is you post. You are my hero nobody else will have to talk at the camefire at HIHs, nobody will be able to stand up to your adventure.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone for sure and please, there are way more skilled and adventerous riders out there.Who prolly don't have a crying jag in Mcdonalds in medicine hat alberta.....LOL......I am such a girl sometimes. LOL

You have my utmost respect, many want to do this ride and many have been on their death bed wishing they had, you wont have that problem. The problem you have is figuring out whats next to top it. Ride safe and post the pics, its an epic adventure with awe inspiring scenery.

Back