EPIC JOURNEY

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey friends I just got back from 1 hellofa road trip. 2660 miles in 1 week. Good news/Bad news was it was on a Harley Road King. Comfy but clumsey and oh so slow... here are afew of the 80 photo's I took :

started in Seattle and headed south east with no particular destination in mind...

epic_trip_04_020.jpg

came across countless back roads in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Wy. and Montana.

epic_trip_04_026.jpg

Original loose plan was to head for Banff, Canada and Glacier Park weather turned very wet and cold so we opted for Yellowstone and Tetons, Jackson Hole ...

epic_trip_04_046.jpg

the absolute best part was stumbling across new and unexpected stuff like this ( Twin Falls Idaho )

epic_trip_04_035.jpg

Couldnt tell ya how many taverns and road side stops we made and sometimes gettin lost was so much fun.

epic_trip_04_003.jpg

The roads oooooooooooh the roads wish i had my busa multiple times and never saw a trooper all across Wy. Or. Mt. or Idaho until Washington state then there was enough for all 5 states
sad.gif

This pic is the summit of the Bear Tooth hwy un-fricken-real!

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095052825 -->

epic_trip_04_072.jpg

It was the best trip I have ever had only 1 close call with a Bambi and had a very scarey moment at 80 mph on I-90 when I got totally outa shape while traversing large cracks in the pavement, head shke, wooble ... for about 3 seconds
wow.gif
thought I was goin down but was able to correct and keep on truckin. Pulled in late thursday to Seattle returned rental bike Friday caught flt home on Sat. Beat with a big smile and tons of memories.
biggrin.gif

Hope you had a great labor day too. - Kent

epic_trip_04_054.jpg

sounds fuggin awesome, bro! I wish I can make a trip like that in the future...

That looks like an outstanding trip! Some great photos to go with and lots of memories! Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for sharing!

Nice pics Kent, and a harley aint a bad way to see the country either!!!!  I am envious!

Awesome trip. Lucky you! I have been thru most of those areas in a car but never on a bike. Did you get to walk under the bridge over Snake River? It is the highest/longest arch bridge in North America if memmory serves (or the world?), well over 1000 feet down. Quite a sight. Anyhow, I have family in Idaho/Utah so maybe I should plan a trip like that. Lots of good open riding in that area of the US. You may have inspired us all. Thanks.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095081211 -->

yeah definatly looks nice next time ya make it twoards MT and WY give me a shout i can clear a few days and take a trip SD isn't that far off ya know i can show ya a few more nice roads in them states
biggrin.gif

absolutely fan-freakin-tabulous! Thanks for taking us along thru pics!!

Those are some incredible pics!!!!!! Wish it was a 'busa in them, though!!!! Thanks for sharing.
biggrin.gif

Awesome trip! I'd love to take one like that...just ride, stop when you need to, get lost a bit...NICE!
cool.gif

Very nice pictures. I'm going to save them. I have a Road King. It's definitely nothing like a Hayabusa but very comfortable if slow.

I rented a ElectraGlide Ultra Classic (the Harley full dress tourer) on a recent vacation in the Bay area. Went through the wine country, Big Sur, Carmel and Laguna.

Surdyke HD in Oakland is very convenient for rentals (Harley only) They are 5 minutes from the airport and will pickup/dropoff.

Back