Yet another epic journey

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
PHOTO LINK + SLIDE SHOW

So my buddy from Seattle & I have been planning another trip to Yellowstone as we had a blast there in 2004. Well his job dictates a new demand so he can only take off a few days, so off to the Oregon Coast we go last weds. Weather was forecast to be perfect... Weds I rode 600 miles and arrived in Astoria, Oregon at 9 pm. It was allmost dark, I had my dark shield on and it was foggy like pea soup. I was happy to step away from the busa to a pizza and a couple beers.
cool.gif

The next morning was sunny & perfect, we cruised down the coast checking all the sites and sounds and smells.
woot.gif

It was the hotest weather in May for the coast ever and at 97 degrees I choose to ride for a while with armor only and no leather.
dunno.gif

We stumbled across the Tillamook air museum which was quite a treat. On saturday we found some epic back roads hwy 34 & 36 A true MUST RIDE!
thumb_up.gif

Stayed in the same lil town I visited last year "Yachats" great place to stay several good restaurants and bars and the hotel right on the water was only $70.

We went our seperate ways on saturday, my friend back north and me south toward Calif. South of Coos Bay, I took hwy 42 which was really a nice ride. Lots of fast sweeper potential but I kept my restraint most of the time as I never knew when I might see the "man". As it turned out never saw a one that day until the Calif border. Hooked into I-5 and headed home. The ride through Shasta and Weed is awesome but that day the heat was intense and got worse as I headed south. As I rolled through Redding it was 106 degrees!
wowold.gif
I was movin about 90+ as I wanted to get home and cool off. Saw a few leo, but the radar detector helped he out.

It was another epic journey for sure ...
ThumbsUp.gif

Sounds like a good time. Hope to get out to that area and give those roads a shot soon.

I need to get up there to ride with you. That's my kind of journey.

Thanks for the write-up and congrats on a great time.

beerchug.gif

Your SoCal counterpart,

Scar

Wow. Thanks for the great pictures. My mom lives in Yreka, CA...you went right by it on the way home. Beautiful area
beerchug.gif

Hey, did you catch the basketball hoop above the blimp door at the museum? I chuckled the last time I was there and saw that; even have pics of it around here somewhere.

Hey, did you catch the basketball hoop above the blimp door at the museum? I chuckled the last time I was there and saw that; even have pics of it around here somewhere.
Yes, I saw that!  There is a b ball hoop at each end the the hanger, literally 100 ft from the floor!  WUWT ?
rock.gif

Oh and incase you were wondering that " Adult Shop " is right on the side of the freeway in Oregon in fact there were several right off i-5. I thought it was funny, lots of truck drivers stopped in the parking lot ...
laugh.gif

yeah, we even have one here in Medford, right off the freeway. Anyone care to explain to me what an "Adult Arcade" is? I haven't gone into the one here (I'm scared to).

Oh, and the next time you are this close, shoot me a pm. I'd be willing to ride some distance to meet another from this forum.

yeah, we even have one here in Medford, right off the freeway.  Anyone care to explain to me what an "Adult Arcade" is?  I haven't gone into the one here (I'm scared to).  

Oh, and the next time you are this close, shoot me a pm.  I'd be willing to ride some distance to meet another from this forum.
i have seen that shop next I-5 on my way to merlin i swear i only rode past it and never stoped
cool.gif

Awsome pics Kent. Looks like you had another great ride. I used to live in Oregon and I made the trip to the coast a bunch of times. Man what a beautiful place.

I have driven by that same adult shop before, made me laugh that you took the picture. As for "adult arcades" do you really want to know?

Back