epic ride to alaska completed...Shnizz is back!!!!

I just wanted to check in,a ride report with pics will be coming shortly. After almost a month on the road by myself,camping and guerilla camping,in the rain and hail with some sunshine,my trip of a lifetime is done. let me tell you,those adventure bike riders were absoutly floored when I rolled up on my busa.

I was doing the same trip,the same roads, with a couple of exceptions as they but on a street bike with street tires. I even rode Top of the World highway, a mis-nomer btw, it was hundreds of kilometers of unpaved gravel road in the wilds of Alaska/Yukon and I did it!!!!!

The KLR and BMW guys were totally hi-5ing me in Dawson city yukon. I was a bit of a mini celebrity there for doing that particular road on that particular bike. But.....it just about broke me as a rider,and i admit to perhaps a few tears squeezing out from the sheer difficulty of it. but I hung in ( and hung on!!) and perservered.

riding up there is a fantastic experience,so wild and remote,and generally un-spoiled. I saw soooooo many bears!!! black bears and grizzlys!!

Enough for now,you must wait until I get pics uploaded for a full tale......

Cheers all......and I DID IT!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
Yes you did girl....I told my wife about you, she loved it!!!! She's like you in believing in herself and trying things that girls aren't supposed to be able to do. She's the first pro lady in the world in her line of work because of the same attitude as yours :thumbsup: :bowdown: :laugh:

Back