Encounter with a "woke" hipster..

Do you have earthworms in that patch? Then it's not as M.N. intended. Earthworms are an invasive species accidentally brought to North America by Europeans. They destroy conifer forests albeit very slowly--like a few inches per year.

I have an '18 with about 20,000 miles. The vast majority are highway miles. I use it mostly to visit my hometown and my kids.

They will learn eventually. It's like all the old hippies living in Shorewood, Wisconsin next to Milwaukee. They all live in mansions now. Probably still smoking pot but they figured out what life was all about like everyone. :laugh:

If profits are foregone, resources get used to compensate for the lack of profit. Literally, "there is no free lunch" and that applies to physics as well as economics. I wonder if it would even matter if we did away with money? Resources are resources and when they are used, they are gone. No free lunch.
Of course there are earth worms, those are everywhere, I can't turn a shovel full of soil without a bunch of them in the soil...I guess there are some which are native to where I am but I couldn't tell you which one that is..

For a while I was driving sometimes twice a week to medical appointments which were 100 miles one way-that racked up the miles pretty quickly...now that those appointments are done, my truck barely moves. I try to get out on the bike as much as I can even if it is a short ride.

For a while I was driving sometimes twice a week to medical appointments which were 100 miles one way-that racked up the miles pretty quickly...now that those appointments are done, my truck barely moves. I try to get out on the bike as much as I can even if it is a short ride.
Mine pretty much waits until holidays to go anywhere. Occasionally I use it to grocery shop in a neighboring town but by the time I figure the cost of running it 60 miles, might as well just shop right here at the co op. That avoids a $60 cost of operating the truck.

LOL my friend called me to pull his van out of the mud once. That's the only real full use I've made out of that truck!! LOL and then he went back there with the trailor the next day and got stuck again!! I couldn't help wondering why the hell he would do that. I guess because he knew I would come and pull him out with 4WD again!! :laugh:

LOL my friend called me to pull his van out of the mud once. That's the only real full use I've made out of that truck!! LOL and then he went back there with the trailor the next day and got stuck again!! So I pulled him out again but I couldn't help wondering why the hell he would do that. I guess because he knew I would come and pull him out with 4WD again!! :laugh:
My carbon footprint is tiny in retirement compared to what it was when I was serving so I don't worry about it too much....if I want to drive somewhere in my truck, I drive and don't think twice.

My carbon footprint is tiny in retirement compared to what it was when I was serving so I don't worry about it too much....if I want to drive somewhere in my truck, I drive and don't think twice.
I've driven compact cars my whole life so all I think about is how wonderful it is to be able to stretch out and not have to feel my knees, elbows and head bumping against the interior panels of the vehicle. I love to drive my truck. It's a little bumpy at low speed but I don't mind. I plan to keep it many more years and I don't know what I might need it for. I might need to plow or pull a big trailer.

I've driven compact cars my whole life so all I think about is how wonderful it is to be able to stretch out and not have to feel my knees, elbows and head bumping against the interior panels of the vehicle. I love to drive my truck. It's a little bumpy at low speed but I don't mind. I plan to keep it many more years and I don't know what I might need it for. I might need to plow or pull a big trailer.
I've pretty much always had a pick up truck...it sure came in handy with all the army kit I had to carry around...

Now it is just handy to pick up stuff for the house...and it has lots of room in the cab for passengers.

Sometimes I wonder if the efficiency of a new vehicles overcomes the environmental footprint of constructing it in the first place.
Compared to the use of resources used to run a less efficient vehicle, it just might. That's not quite a free lunch but reduced price for sure. My truck gets about 15 mpg though so I don't think it can beat any of my Corollas all of which got about 35 mpg and cost about one fourth what my truck did. ...and I don't even know yet what tires and brakes will cost. The Corollas were damn near free to run by the time they were 10 years old. Gas was all it cost. 160,000 miles on an inexpensive car and that sucker is costing about a half a cent per mile to run!

Trucks are always handy to have around, just in case.

My Dodge 4x4 is a dust collector most of the time since I either walk or bicycle to work... I'm one of the lucky ones who lives close enough to my job for this to be an option. I won't brag about my light carbon footprint though since my job consists of maintaining a fleet of 15 flying school aircraft that spew 100LL AVGAS into the atmosphere almost constantly when the sun is shining....

Still, I bike to work! Maybe it's time to grow a man bun.

Ya shoulda cut his man bun off…
200.gif

Compared to the use of resources used to run a less efficient vehicle, it just might. That's not quite a free lunch but reduced price for sure. My truck gets about 15 mpg though so I don't think it can beat any of my Corollas all of which got about 35 mpg and cost about one fourth what my truck did. ...and I don't even know yet what tires and brakes will cost. The Corollas were damn near free to run by the time they were 10 years old. Gas was all it cost. 160,000 miles on an inexpensive car and that sucker is costing about a half a cent per mile to run!
The Taliban sure liked those Corollas....especially white ones.....

The real sad part of all this is this person might make it to a position of authority or make it into a position to create legislation....imagine. that.....everyone will be sporting man buns, beards and have to wear "peace sign" tee shirts....

The Taliban sure liked those Corollas....especially white ones.....
Ya, now that you mention it, I saw a video of one getting shot about 50 feet in the air from a missile and then the car exploded again from it's own incendiary device before falling back to earth. I never see white Corollas. Lots of tan and silver. That's what I had. I stuck with Toyota when I got the truck. OMG----it's white!!!!! Holy shite!!!

Ya, now that you mention it, I saw a video of one getting shot about 50 feet in the air from a missile and then the car exploded again from it's own incendiary device before falling back to earth. I never see white Corollas. Lots of tan and silver. That's what I had. I stuck with Toyota when I got the truck. OMG----it's white!!!!! Holy shite!!!
I saw them get taken out in person....lots of them....

Back