Funny encounter

A'Busa'd

Donating Member
Registered
I was at blockbuster today, riding the Roadstar. Came out to the parking lot and a couple had just parked next to me on an older Honda sport bike. It was kind of dinged up and had been painted, so I couldn't really tell what it was.

I greeted them as they got off the bike and we started chatting. Amost immetiatly they guy asks if I want to race. I said, sure, on my Hayabusa. He backpedals and launches into a list of mods on his bike.

First, it's a 2000 600 that has been bored out to a 929 (yeah right)! He beats busas all the time. Got a smaller sproket on the rear so that he can do wheelies in every gear. I say that's sweet.

Then he recites the specs of the busa; 1300 cc (right so far), 190 torque (oh yeah), and over 200 hp!

I bid them a happy farwell and smile knowing that there is still some uninitiated fresh meat still out there!
biggrin.gif

Yeah, after some thought, I couldn't tell if he was BS'n me or himself!
laugh.gif
Anyway, glad I didn't have the Busa with me at the time. I have to give them credit though, they were both wearing helmets and jackets.

I have a bud at work (newbie-- 1st ever street bike) who has a Harley softtail (complete with ape hangers). Anyway, company x-mas party and we are (bout 6 of us) passin round a bottle of tequila tellin lies in the parking lot (note: all in cages with signifigant others operating) You know harley boy has to pipe up. Maaaan that thing is sooooo fast (harley) -- you have one of those crotch rockets so I can't mess with you in turns but we hit the open freeway and it'll show you a thing or two. So, one of the other guys says -- say "x" what you got? I say "hayabusa" and 2 of the guys hit the ground lauging their asses off. Harley guy is is now looking kinda concerned saying -- "what -- what -- man I can do 140 all day easy on that thing (like to see that- tho I did have a screamin eagle 1200 sporty hang with my RSW to about 138 or so) " Turns out the laughing guys owned a r-1 and a ninja 900. R-1 man says dude -- I could pass you on a wheelie at 140 and I know better than to mess with a busa.
Guess harley guy did some research -- He said " man -- your bike is totally bad ass -- I had no freaking idea"-- he says " I was yakkin with my harley buds the other night and I said oh my bud just got a busa and everyone just clammed up" Says so, that like one of the fastest bikes ever built? 900 boy chimed in and said "no man its not one of , it IS the fastest bike ever made.

I have a bud at work (newbie-- 1st ever street bike) who has a Harley softtail (complete with ape hangers). Anyway, company x-mas party and we are (bout 6 of us) passin round a bottle of tequila tellin lies in the parking lot (note: all in cages with signifigant others operating) You know harley boy has to pipe up. Maaaan that thing is sooooo fast (harley) -- you have one of those crotch rockets so I can't mess with you in turns but we hit the open freeway and it'll show you a thing or two. So, one of the other guys says -- say "x" what you got? I say "hayabusa" and 2 of the guys hit the ground lauging their asses off. Harley guy is is now looking kinda concerned saying -- "what -- what -- man I can do 140 all day easy on that thing (like to see that- tho I did have a screamin eagle 1200 sporty hang with my RSW to about 138 or so) " Turns out the laughing guys owned a r-1 and a ninja 900. R-1 man says dude -- I could pass you on a wheelie at 140 and I know better than to mess with a busa.
Guess harley guy did some research -- He said " man -- your bike is totally bad ass -- I had no freaking idea"-- he says " I was yakkin with my harley buds the other night and I said oh my bud just got a busa and everyone just clammed up" Says so, that like one of the fastest bikes ever built? 900 boy chimed in and said "no man its not one of , it IS the fastest bike ever made.
I just love happy endings
wink.gif
laugh.gif

You should have said sure I will race you and pull up backwards on your bike and say oh did I tell you I have reverse.....lol
laugh.gif

Sounds like there may be a "Squids Club" out there. There is a guy here that talks about his 600 that has more power/torque than the 929 and he takes every Busa he races.
Funny thing was as I am talking to him I ask him if he has ever raced the purple/black Busa and he says he has and that there was no challenge for his bike.

I am like "really, you beat that bike bad, huh?"

Squid," yeah, I beat him so bad he turned around and left the area"

Me," wow, where did you race him at"

Squid," over on hwy 550" (550 is a nice stretch of road for opening the Busa on)

Me," really, you know I am the only one in town right now with a purple/black Busa and I don't remember you on Hwy 550"

Squid," oh, well maybe it wasn't the purple/black, it was at night"

Me," I figure it wasn't even a Busa, since it was at night I figure maybe it was a Vesper... LOL"

He says something explicit and walks off.

My Wife is laughing so hard she has tears, the Squids girlfriend just looks at us and then at the Squid and walks off.

Gotta love it...
tounge.gif

Back