Electrical Help Needed:

OB_byhalia

Registered
I need to id the location of the brake light switch on my bike. I am of impression that it is on the shifter side of bike, to the right/slight rear of battery hot side.

Am I correct on this as I am attempting to install a brake light signal module between the switch and brake light itself.

All help appreciated.

well, according to my new official suzuki service manual, the REAR brake light switch is located on the RIGHT side mounted to the rearset and peg. the FRONT brake light switch is located under the brake master cylinder. hope this helps. (:
mike
p.s. of course i knew this without the manual. standard suzuki fare.

Hiabuser,

I am laughing along with you at me for that question. Obviously, nothing has changed from the 79 GS1000E sharing quarters with this bike. I allowed 99 model year to cloud my logic. Thanks for the headsup. I guess I can go and hook up my light now.

Thanks Dude.

Mission accomplished. Assistance appreciated.

Brake light now flashes 3 times, then holds.
Continues pattern as long as brake/s are applied.

Any extra amount of visibility helps my book.
Well......... short of wearing flourescent vests and such. Can't/won't go that far.

PS. Can a brake light switch (such as rear) be "shorted" out of commission. I cut, tried module unsuccessfully, then reconnected black/white wire. Now experiencing negative brake pedal light activation.

[This message has been edited by byhalia (edited 03 September 1999).]

Sabor,

Where did you locate those turn signal plugs you mentioned above? I was referring to rear brake light in early post. Check out
signaldynamics.com.

On the rear turn signals. Which one is left and which one is right? one plug is gray other black! I unpluged and wasn't paying attention.... I think gray plug goes to right side as you face the rear of bike..

Sabor

Back