HELP! Electrical Expertise Desired.

OB_byhalia

Registered
I inadvertently attempted to install a Signal Dynamics Brake Light Signal Module "inline" to the rear brake light switch above the foot lever.

I cut the two visible wires and tried to splice the module wires in. It was not the correct location as I found out. After reconnecting the brake light switch wires, there was no brake light using foot lever. Finally I located a more convenient and correct location to splice module in (under passenger seat) and now have a functioning 3 flash-then hold brake light, however, it is via front brake lever only.

After installing a new factory brake light switch, I still have no rear actuated brake light.

Fuses have not been checked as manual stated brake light fuse also controls neutral light, and some other functions (I forget) that all work fine. I have not tested (but will) the new switch with a test light. At this point, I am wondering if the old switch is still a worker?

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

put a meter between the wires of the old switch and depress the switch.Make sure your meter is in ohms setting.When the switch is depressed the meter should read zero ohms reading or close to zero and if that works than more than likely you either lost ground some where in your rewiring or reversed your wire splice on your signal path for the rear brake lights.Hope this helps.

Just wondering, have you sorted this one out yet? Or do you still need help?

Cisco/99TLR

I apologize. It was a "duh" on my part. A wire was not connected. So the merit of soldering wires together is evident. Guess I have a spare brake light sending unit now.

All assistance appreciated.

Back