Electrical help, Bluegauges

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
First let me say I have nothing but wonderful things to say about Bluegauges
and Scott. They are jam up and have even fixed an issue I was having free
of charge, I just paid shipping. :thumbsup:

My question is, with the SRP inverter unit that comes with the system. Mines gotten wet
(rains daily in Florida) and stops working. Seems to last about a year plus.
This is the 3rd time, shouda mounted it under the panel instead on the
clutch reservoir.

Anyway, has anyone hard wired the system and bypassed the SRP inverter unit?
I really just want one color at full intensity. I would love to wack the dial/switch off
and just connect a couple of wires and cap a couple of and be done with it.

Again bluegauges does great work...

IMG_0279.jpg

I just want to bypass this...

IMG_1970.jpg

INVT-0003-2.jpg

Is the dash not lighting up properly???

The rain screwed up my controller but I left it that way since I had it set the way I wanted an never wanted to change it.

Have you emailed Scott about the problem an asked about the your desired solution???

Hmm, mine is zip tied in front of the triple, where the brake lines go down. Never had an issue.

You need to mount the controller where it won't get wet. I have mine mounted by the fuse box. I have it set where I like it so I don't need to have immediate access to it.

Is the dash not lighting up properly???

The rain screwed up my controller but I left it that way since I had it set the way I wanted an never wanted to change it.

Have you emailed Scott about the problem an asked about the your desired solution???

Yes I have E-mailed but he responded but not with information about my particular
idea.

He probably wants you to send the cluster back to him for repairs.

No I can buy another SRP unit...been down that road twice already.
Just a little bit of a hassle to install and I can't do it for maybe a couple weeks
and then another week for shipping...just be a lot easier to lop that thing
off NOW and twist the green with the red and yellow and then twist whatever
with whatever, etc. (if it works that way).

My last one I cut off and fooled with it before replacing it but I couldn't get
it to do anything and I'm kinda leary anyway about just twisting electrical wires
and see what happens.

btw-the needles lite up fine just no dash lites. Like I said, been there twice already.

See the other issue(s)....I got switch backs and a light went out. So there goes
$25 for a new blinker lite. I get the thing and it's significantly whiter/brighter
than the old one...so now I got to buy another one to match (another $25)

SOMEHOW (and I have yet to figure it out) I got two holes in tobin seat,
small but way big enough to bother me. So I get one of those liquid vinyl repair
kits that come with a mini iron...directions say use it for 35 sec. So, I pour my goop in, place
the cover over it, use the iron for maybe 20 seconds...smell something and promptly
burned a bigger hole in my seat :cheerleader:....HENCE, now I need to get the whole thing
refinished (new image) $150

Back tire is getting close, oil change is right around the corner (it's already here
for the car) etc., etc., etc.,

Feels like the bike is just bleeding me green (plus when something is wrong, I'm
just NOT very patient to fix it. Drives me crazy till it is right again. So it's not
only money but time.

Waaaa....yeah I know I'm crying :banghead:

Last edited:
You need to mount the controller where it won't get wet. I have mine mounted by the fuse box. I have it set where I like it so I don't need to have immediate access to it.

Same place I have mine...

Back