illumiglo bluegauges

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Got the reverse busa gauges done by bluegauges (in '06)

IMG_0279.jpg

Of course at they black out and the numbers turn blue with red led needles.

It came with a SRP switch/dial.

the switch changes the lights from dark blue to teal and
the dial increases/decreases light intensity.

About 6 months ago the SRP unit began acting up when wet, live in fl...tons of rain. It would work fine after it dried out.

Well, it appears to have craped out. I got no lights at night time.

I'm thinking I can take the bugger appart and just "hot wire" the color I want and the intensity to full...which is where I leave it at all the time anyway.

Anybody else have any issues and/or ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe not the same brand but same features, never had a problem yet. I think your solution should work though.

06blkbusa 015.jpg

Got the reverse busa gauges done by bluegauges (in '06)

IMG_0279.jpg

Of course at they black out and the numbers turn blue with red led needles.

It came with a SRP switch/dial.

IMG_0278.jpg

the switch changes the lights from dark blue to teal and
the dial increases/decreases light intensity.

About 6 months ago the SRP unit began acting up when wet, live in fl...tons of rain. It would work fine after it dried out.

Well, it appears to have craped out. I got no lights at night time.

I'm thinking I can take the bugger appart and just "hot wire" the color I want and the intensity to full...which is where I leave it at all the time anyway.

Anybody else have any issues and/or ideas?

I live FL. also mine has gotten wet an I wash the bike with water an soap hadn't had any issues with either of mine.

I had a set of idiglo on my bike and all of a sudden they quit working. So i took them out took them to work and hooked it up to a 12V power supply and started testing. Found that there isnt any voltage coming out of the transformer. I cant find the transformer anywere to buy, and not able to take apart. So i went back with the stock.

they were on the bike when i got it so i don't know who did it. i was hoping there would be some easy fix. guess i may just keep my eye out for some stock ones. i don't ride at night too much anyhow so its not a huge deal i guess.

A belated update...I contacted Scott (I think) at illumiglo bluegauges and
got another SRP switch for about $25...swapped it out and all is golden.
Been working flawlessly for the last 6 months or so. Pretty easy and cheap
fix really.

you wouldn't happen to have that contact info would ya?

just to double check you replaced the little dial with the srp label on it correct?

thanks,
nick

Back