Illumiglo gauges

busa_boy_69

Registered
For those of you that have them how and where did you mount the dimmer switch? I am so up in the air on where to put this and how to route the wire so it looks clean. Pics would be helpfull. Thanks in advance.

BB69

I just sent mine off today, I'll probably mount mine out of site. or up by the gauges.

In the "Y" stay at the front of the steering stem where the electrical cable assemblies from the bar ends meet prior to descending.
I'll try to take a pic in the daylight tomorrow.

A little blurry but...you get the idea. This a a natural shock isolation area, somewhat hidden behind the bubble but still accessible to the sled driver.
The power cube (not visible) is tucked under the gauge cluster and zip tied to the adjacent rail.

switch.jpg

Busa Boy,

My dimmer is attached above the clock so I can change intensity as well as color. The wire runs behind it and down through the seam formed by the dash and instrument panels. I had my dealer do it.

dimmer.gif

Busa Boy,

My dimmer is attached above the clock so I can change intensity as well as color. The wire runs behind it and down through the seam formed by the dash and instrument panels. I had my dealer do it.
Dang I never even thought of that. That looks really clean. Do you have any problem adjusting it in that position?

Busa Boy,

What brand of gauges or they? I seen a group buy for bluegauges is this them? How many colors can you change it to. thanks

My dimmer is attached above the clock so I can change intensity as well as color. The wire runs behind it and down through the seam[/QUOTE]
I considered this option first but rejected it for two reasons:
1. That is a high UV area and might damage the black plastic controller.
2. The controller on this unit has a THICK insulator (yours may be different) which caused an uneven seam on the backside resulting in improper alignment of the upper panels that you don't notice until after re-assembley.

well my XM antenna is where his dimmer is... so I put my dimmer under the right side inner on top of the ram air tube. I can reach it if I need to get to it but dont usually find that I need to dim/change things around but its there if I do
cool.gif

On top of the cluster but under the screen.  This piece does not look to be the slightest bit water resistant never mind waterproof...

<!--EDIT|DNGrumpy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139370834 -->

gauges_005.jpg

I put mine on the left side air ram tube just under the lip of the left inner panel so you cant see it, it doesnt get wet and I can reach in and change it if I want too, but have no reason to change it. In fact I havnt changed it for 15000 miles or better. Cute but not used. Out of side out of mind but easily accessible if needed yet out of my face.

JD:p

MVC_070F.JPG

wire tied mine underneath. Just like Ron Popeil says...Set it and forget it
Have a well illuminated 1,
Moose

My dimmer is attached above the clock so I can change intensity as well as color. The wire runs behind it and down through the seam
I considered this option first but rejected it for two reasons:
1. That is a high UV area and might damage the black plastic controller.
2. The controller on this unit has a THICK insulator (yours may be different) which caused an uneven seam on the backside resulting in improper alignment of the upper panels that you don't notice until after re-assembley.[/QUOTE]
Well here is one thing I consider. I do not leave my bike sit outside much at all. It is garaged when I am not riding it so UV rays aren't a major concern to me. Also I have a dark smoke windscreen so it's gonna take less light due to that as well. My unit did not come with that thick of a wire. If needs be I will cut a little slot for it so that it will fit properly. I really am digging the look and accessability of it in this location. Thank you for the heads up though. I will look at it closer today.

Reply:

I can change color from sky blue to an ugly hospital green. I have found it necessary to dim the intensity at night because the gauges are bright and the 'busa stock headlight sucks. With the dash location it's easy to adjust even at highway speeds.

The wire on my unit was thin enough to slip between the panels without warping or bulging them. As to water tightness, the only risk is when I wash the bike, so I'm careful to use a light indirect spray, which you should do anyway.

Back