ECU versus PC

Big Moe

Registered
Hello Fam, I hope everyone is doing well! I am looking at an ECU tune rather than a PC and have a few questions. I have an '08 that I plan on mounting an Brocks AH full system on and was wondering exactly how does ECU tuning work? Does the bike have to be present or is it some piece of hardware that can be sent in to tune? I was looking at having Lees Performance do it and as you can see my knowledge on this is very limited! I have an '05 with an Full AH and a tune from KWS here in Charleston, SC, but have been reading here on the .Org that the ECU tune is a better solution? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated! Have a Happy Memorial Day weekend and be safe out there!

Chris

right side (2).jpg

1.jpg

The ECM can be bench flashed meaning you an send someone your ECM and they can flash it. However, to get the fuel MAP perfected it needs to be on a Dyno. it really all depends on what you want changed. If you are good with a stock MAP you can flash the rest o the stuff yourself. I is very easy to use if you are computer literate.

The ECM can be bench flashed meaning you an send someone your ECM and they can flash it. However, to get the fuel MAP perfected it needs to be on a Dyno. it really all depends on what you want changed. If you are good with a stock MAP you can flash the rest o the stuff yourself. I is very easy to use if you are computer literate.

Thanks Bro, good info!! Man, I just noticed that I need some up to date pix, lol!

No problem. Contact Greg Smith (boostbysmtih) and get the interface so that you can hook up to your ECM after you download the software to your computer.

It would not be any different to get a map for an ECU flash than to get a map for a PC. Neither one will be "exact" unless you dyno the bike. They will be close, though.

With the ECU, you can do so much more, and they keep coming up with more stuff!

It would not be any different to get a map for an ECU flash than to get a map for a PC. Neither one will be "exact" unless you dyno the bike. They will be close, though.

With the ECU, you can do so much more, and they keep coming up with more stuff!

So I still need the bike to be dyno'd then?

Yes, that's the only way to get the fuel map correct unless you just lucky. It's the same with any fuel controller.

All you need to purchase is a two wire harness, from Greg, the person doing the tuning will have the rest... The good thing is you don't have the additional expense of the pc, plus you can also remove all the restrictions. You will not be disappointed with the ecu tune :thumbsup:

Back