Tuning with the ECU edior

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I was wondering if it might be possible for the ECU editor guys to write a program that reads the Power Commander map and then writes a similar profile to an ECU map. This would allow a certified Power Commander (lots of them) to tune the ECU. They would attach a PC, then map the bike, copy this to the ECU, set the PC to default. THen Tune it again with the dyno and the PC should require little adjustment, but this could be written to the ECU again until no adjustment is necessary to get the ECU map working properly.

This is a little more time consuming than straight up PC tuning but you get all the features of ECU mapping even if your local tuner can't ECU tune. This seems too simple so I hope I'm not making a mule's butt out of myself by posting this.

Also, is anyone running the ECU quickshifter from Boost by Smith?

Not as simple as it sounds. There is a conversion process but it does not work very well at all. The Power Commander only controls one set of injectors. ECU editor maps are working with the stock ECU which controls upper and lower injectors. Thats the short answer.

I have the Cordona Quick Shifter that I bought from Greg and it works great. I think the version he sells now is a different brand but have heard good things about it as well.

I also use the Cordona quickshifter from Greg, was the last one he made of that type as the sensor got to expensive to buy for it to be cost effective for us to buy. I have no issues what so ever with it. Plus great guy to deal with

Back