ECU Flashing vs PC vs Badazz

mitchluv1

Registered
i got a 99 with a single side yoshi. she runs good but just seems like she missing that extra umph. hoping to get some input on whats available. not trying to break the bank but whats the best for the money spent.

please dont bash me by saying this subject has been beat into the ground. just pass on useful info. thanks

For a 99, the PC is about the best bang for the buck. ECU editing would need to have the rotor and ecu swapped, and the harness re-pinned. You can probably still snatch up a PC for 100-150 used if you look around.
Posted via Mobile Device

Depending on what you plan to do might agree with wild07, especially if just some very basic mods etc. The swap isn't hard to get to 02-07, but you have to buy the crank rotor which are hard to come by these days and the ecu, and move about 4 wires at the ecu connector which is easy, but will need tining etc after that. power commander would be easier / cheaper.

if you were already 02-07 I would suggest ecu route

To the OP, if you're just looking to pickup just that oomph, hop on our classifieds here,ebay, psychobike, or any of the classifieds fourms and snatch up a PC. However, from someone who's used both PC and ECU editor and looked at many standalones, PC is about the easiest most simple for simple tuning, and EE is the most fantastic for the self racer/tuner. If you're not looking to add on a shifter, nitrous, shift light or anything, stick with your ecu and go with a PC. If you want to do any of that stuff mentioned, get in touch with Smithabusa(Greg) and he'll get ya all squared away.
Posted via Mobile Device

been away from my computer for a few days and haven't had a chance to look. but it seems like most people are advising to get a PC. anybody got one for a 99 for cheap?

Do a search in ebay and in busa forums too.Quite difficult to find these days,since its quite rare but relatively cheap too.Good luck

Back