pcIII vs. boostbysmith ecu flashing interface

4seasons69

Registered
I am wondering if anybody has used the boostbysmith.com ecu flashing?? and how well it works compared to a pcIII???

Just wondering since my pcIII just died and now would be a good time to switch. thanks for any info

There is no comparison, PC maps fuel and some do ignition too, that's it.
ECU Editor does that, and you can turn off the 1st thru 4th gear restrictions, top speed limiter, pair valve, turn your fans on sooner, raise rpm limits, open stp's to full 94%, and on and on, it does everything for half the price. Alot of us have it. The software is a free download so you can check it out. boostbysmith.com - Home

The ecu editor can do much more than the pc, gen 1 is fairly basic compared to the gen 2 features, but to be better than a PC will depend on your tuner

And Petrick and others keep improving the software. If you have a Gen II you get the added bonus of secondary control. PCIII only controls 4 pts.

There is no comparison, PC maps fuel and some do ignition too, that's it.
ECU Editor does that, and you can turn off the 1st thru 4th gear restrictions, top speed limiter, pair valve, turn your fans on sooner, raise rpm limits, open stp's to full 94%, and on and on, it does everything for half the price. Alot of us have it. The software is a free download so you can check it out. boostbysmith.com - Home

thats what I was kind of thinking but I just found out about it so I was wondering who was using it and how well it works. seems like a great idea if its all its cracked up to be! kind of like dsmlink for my old talon just about all tuneability of an aem standalone for half the price

thats what I was kind of thinking but I just found out about it so I was wondering who was using it and how well it works. seems like a great idea if its all its cracked up to be! kind of like dsmlink for my old talon just about all tuneability of an aem standalone for half the price

It's the real deal. I just know the basics about it, but it's easy to use.

Here's the forum with all the info on it.
Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa - ECU hacking

so next question is do I spend the 180 for the interface plus a tune which would be more than a pc or just get the pc and be able to ride right away?? decisions decisions lol

The only downside i would say on ecu flashing a gen 1 turbo bike is if you want to do any boost referenced fueling, the power commander could be used with the hub and a 3 bar map sensor, where ecu that isn't an option.

Strictly as a power commander replacement to do fueling based on tps & rpm i would say ecu is much more refined as it can map the iap vacuum table for idle and part throttle stuff, as well as do ignition, limiters, etc etc etc

The only downside i would say on ecu flashing a gen 1 turbo bike is if you want to do any boost referenced fueling, the power commander could be used with the hub and a 3 bar map sensor, where ecu that isn't an option.

Strictly as a power commander replacement to do fueling based on tps & rpm i would say ecu is much more refined as it can map the iap vacuum table for idle and part throttle stuff, as well as do ignition, limiters, etc etc etc

Thanks for the info! I guess what I'm most worried about is if there is a competent tuner close enough to tune with something like this.

I run both, I have 03 running s2000's, hub with pc and fmu. the ecu flasher helped a geat deal by, unifying the ignition and fuel maps, and by compensating for larger injectors it got me a lot closer to correct fueling without adding big numbers to the pc map. Now when I go to a tuner it should be alot easier. For my application, both have it's benefits, and I can add a quick shifter without having to buy an ignition module, which would be necessary for a turbo to kill the ignition rather then the fuel.

I run both, I have 03 running s2000's, hub with pc and fmu. the ecu flasher helped a geat deal by, unifying the ignition and fuel maps, and by compensating for larger injectors it got me a lot closer to correct fueling without adding big numbers to the pc map. Now when I go to a tuner it should be alot easier. For my application, both have it's benefits, and I can add a quick shifter without having to buy an ignition module, which would be necessary for a turbo to kill the ignition rather then the fuel.

I spose running both would be an option and the bike came with an airshifter already with the ignition module.

I found a tuner close by who seems to have a lot of experience with turbo bikes and new his stuff really well. He said the pcs tend to have firmware issues and could just need a firmware update. so i'm going to bring it in and have him take a look at it tomorrw when I get off work

by the way you cant adjust the fan on temp with a gen 1 ecu as its activated by a temp switch (unless they have a setup to rewire it)

Back