ECU flashed

gack

Registered
Big thank you to Frank at Powerhouse for flashing my ECU. The personal service he provides is second to none as there was a number of emails and phone calls from him to make sure I was getting just what I needed for the extras that I'm putting on and I think he had the part in his shop on Monday or maybe Tuesday and shipped it back to me today so you cant ask for a quicker turn around than that. Looking forward to getting it back in the bike, getting the header and pipe on along with the PCV and hopefully a dyno tune later this summer. On top of that he gives us ORG members a discount in pricing, Nicely done Frank

Riding is probably 3 to 4 weeks away but Yeh, I'm looking forward to trying it out. Frank tells me New York is expecting a couple of big snow dumps in the next week. Not what you want to hear in the first week of spring

Other than removing the rev limiter, on a stock motor and exhaust, is there any other difference or hp gain with a flashed ECU?

Other than removing the rev limiter, on a stock motor and exhaust, is there any other difference or hp gain with a flashed ECU?

He will totally de-restrict your ecu (disable top speed limiter, raise rev limiter, remove timing retard, unify ignition, unify fuel mapping, etc) Hw won't alter the stock fuel map. No HP Gain but you will fell the difference in response

More timing at lower rpms.
Bike is noticeably more responsive.
It's worth doing.
Buy a gen1 ecu on ebay and ship it to Powerhouse.

Buy a gen1 ecu on ebay and ship it to Powerhouse.[/QUOTE]

Why do you say this? I mean is it to save the turnaround time or other reason like the gen one is advantageous for some reason? (inquiring minds want to know!) ;<)

Buy a gen1 ecu on ebay and ship it to Powerhouse.

Why do you say this? I mean is it to save the turnaround time or other reason like the gen one is advantageous for some reason? (inquiring minds want to know!) ;<)[/QUOTE]

Just to save time from shipping your own ecu, buy another.
The turn around time is only around a week or 2 though, from time shipped til it comes back.

Why do you say this? I mean is it to save the turnaround time or other reason like the gen one is advantageous for some reason? (inquiring minds want to know!) ;<)

Just to save time from shipping your own ecu, buy another.
The turn around time is only around a week or 2 though, from time shipped til it comes back.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought you had in mind but just in case there was a hidden trick in doing a gen 1 I thought I'd ask. Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

Finally putting the bike back together, ECU flashed by frank, PCV with one of their maps and a dyno sometime this summer, full yosh and just got my damaged nose and fairing back from paint so putting that together today. Paint shop had to work hard at matching that mystic gold paint as it's very chameleon like but looks. Like they got it.
Will be Riding very soon

When I bought my Busa, the dealer told me that I could flash the ecu and it would not void my warranty. He volunteered it, I did not ask. I do not live near that dealer and would have to take the bike into a local dealer for warranty work unless I want to travel 3 hours back to the selling dealer. Can a tech tell if the ecu has been flashed and then cancel the warranty?

[QUOTE="04 Limited Busa, post: 3233056, member: 8910"
Can a tech tell if the ecu has been flashed and then cancel the warranty?[/QUOTE]

For sure yes and possibly yes, I say possibly on the second part because it isn't necessarily in the dealers interest to inform the factory to void the warranty. The dealer gets paid by the factory for repairs under warranty.

When I bought my Busa, the dealer told me that I could flash the ecu and it would not void my warranty. He volunteered it, I did not ask. I do not live near that dealer and would have to take the bike into a local dealer for warranty work unless I want to travel 3 hours back to the selling dealer. Can a tech tell if the ecu has been flashed and then cancel the warranty?

You cannot tell the Busa ecu has been flashed, since it is done through the pins. And dealers don't normally look for reasons to refuse warranty work . . .

Back