ECU Editor : Wideband O2 AFR and Engine Data Logging now available

jkwool

Registered
Hi,

I have been working on ECU Editor with Petri And Jasa for awhile now and i have just finished working on some code that I though you guys would be interesting to find out about.

The new functionality just released allows you to hook up a wideband 02 sensor to your ecu and log the wideband Air Fuel Ratio data along side your engine data. You are also able to use the stock narrowband o2 sensor to log the Air Fuel Ratio of your engine along side other relevant engine data including Rpm, Gear, IAP (inlet air pressure), Ignition Advance, Coolant Temp etc etc.

I have also provided a Data Log viewer which allows you to load your log files and view the results in a grid with the same dimensions as your ecu fuel maps (both TPS-RPM and IAP-RPM). For those guys running turbos with ECU Editor controlling the boost fuel there is also a display that shows AFR at various PSI boost - RPM measurement points.

This functionality should allow you to check how you bike is running and make changes to your fuel maps to improve the tune of your bike.

The next part of this development will be to provide an auto tune ability which will take your logged data and suggest what changes should be made to your fuel maps to get to the target AFR values and improve the tune of your bike.

If you are interested in tuning your bike with the above functionality the following links will be a good starting point.

Ecu Flashing Harness ECU Flashing
Free ECU Editor Software : index
ECU Hacking Forum Post:
Autotune and Data logging for ECU Editor - ECU hacking
Cheers

-Justin.

That auto tune would be great ive been wanting to get an ecu flasher but i honestly wouldnt even know where to start on it and i dont know of anyone around here that would either

That auto tune would be great ive been wanting to get an ecu flasher but i honestly wouldnt even know where to start on it and i dont know of anyone around here that would either

Thats exactly why i have decided to develop this into ECU Editor so guys like yourself, that dont have access to a dyno or a tuner, are able to tune your bikes and get them running better.

do you have any idea on about when it might be ready tomorrow is good for me :whistle:

Maybe not tomorrow, but should be within the next week or 2. The most complex part of the code is finished, the auto tune with target AFR maps should not take too long.

O really that soon i really figured you were talking 6 months or something so will this raise the price of the ecu editor or flasher or will it still be $180ish

O really that soon i really figured you were talking 6 months or something so will this raise the price of the ecu editor or flasher or will it still be $180ish

The ECU Editor software is FREE so it wont change the price for the software :) and it should not change the price of the Flashing Harness which is available from Greg at Boost by Smith ECU Flashing

Sweet. I knew the existing software was free i didn't know if there would be a charge for the auto tune which for "people like me" turns useless free info into valuable free info hopefully that made sense. dont get me wrong i dont want there to be a charge i should prolly just be quit now

So is this for both a GEN 1 and GEN 2 busa's

I currently ride a B-King and I have been donated a Gen 2 Busa ecu (thanks ToXSicK RoCKeT) and an Innovate LC-1 (thanks Greg from Boost By Smith) so all of my efforts have been directed towards getting this functionality working for these two models and with the LC-1 wideband (although this functionality will work with most widebands and the built in narrowband o2 sensor as well)

It would be pretty easy to port this over to Gen 1 but i don't have an ecu or bike to test and develop on so i am a bit limited in my ability to get this working for Gen 1.

Jasa may be looking at porting this over for Gen 1 or I may take a look at it when I have it running well for the Gen 2 and B-King !

Last edited:
i'm happy to do any testing and provide you info, i have an ecu flashing tool so can forward info if required.

Let me know if i can help

Cheers

:beerchug: for getting the auto tune option up. I will be one of the first on the list to purchase the harness when this is done.

Any ETA for a version working on an GEN1 busa? i'm awaiting this patiently!!!!

Thanks JKwool

I would be able to provide this much quicker if i had a fully operational Gen 1 ECU and flashing harness :) If anyone can provide the above i will dedicate some time to this.

Ill donate the flashing harness but don't have a spare ecru just the one I use to test every flasher I build
Posted via Mobile Device

Ill donate the flashing harness but don't have a spare ecru just the one I use to test every flasher I build
Posted via Mobile Device

Thats awesome Greg thanks, ok so all i need now is a working Gen 1 ecu and i should be able to port this over to Gen 1 Busa's as well.

I made some major progress on Auto Tune tonight, I got the Target AFR maps up and running and also the Percentage Map Change calculation to automatically calculate the changes required to fuel maps to attain target AFR.

Next step is to allow saving Target AFR maps and to allow Percentage Map Changes to be applied to fuel maps directly from the auto tune screen.

When i get this working the Auto Tune functionality will be ready for testing.

I've got an ECU I can loan/ship to you. Or I can ship it to Greg to ride take the same ride as the harness.

I'm running an LC-1 DL-32 on my bike when it comes time for further testing. I've been wanting to buy a programmer anyhow.

Last edited:
Professor if you want to ship to me ill cover shipping to australia (not cheap). Also, let me know when you want to buy the programmer before hand ill make this worth your while :)

I'll get it shipped out Tuesday I won't have time to get it ready today. I'll even throw in a few bones to help with the shipping.

:beerchug:

Back