ECU Editor Tutorial - How to use Auto Tune

Figured it out after reading more posts here as well as the hacking board!

Kept getting AFR 970 readings in Data Logging mode even with the Wideband check box on that screen checked. Finally looked at the Advanced Settings screen, which is now slightly different then the original version previously posted, and clicked the box for the Wideband O2 Sensor. Flashed the ECU and now it works fine.

BTW - Pin 12 from the ECU (White Green) hooks to the BLACK wire on the Stock H02 sensor. This is where I tied my LC-1 Wideband O2 BROWN Aux-2 wire too after cutting the stock O2 sensor off.

Advanced Settings.jpg

DataLogger.jpg

so sice I have a gen 2 and have ecu ediset up for air shifter and nos , can I know use the interface to check my afr with my netbook hooked up

Ok seriously this thread has been going for like 17 months and there has been no headway on this for a gen 1? Ive been watching this thread for 6 months and nothing has happened. Ive got a gen 1 that this winter ive added a D&D full dual system, air box mod, pair removed, K&N filter and have been waiting for someone to do something. Im going to be stuck buying a pcv since i dont have a tuner that has experience with ECU Editor.... How hard is it to add a wide band to a gen 1 and convert the maps since the program and everything is already developed? I know im personally not capable of doing it but it seems like the hardest parts of its already done now just to convert it over to a gen 1..... Not trying to be an Ahole or anything but i know from previous posts theres more of us gen 1 guys dying for this than gen 2 guys lol and ive had ppl telling me im an idiot for considering running a pcv instead of ECU but im running outta choices

No one with the ambition, and programming skill has stepped up. Just because a wideband doesn't directly plug into it doesn't mean its not usable. Tons of guys are using it. If you are going to rely on a powercommander autotune to completely tune your bike I think that's the wrong way to go in my opinion.

No one with the ambition, and programming skill has stepped up. Just because a wideband doesn't directly plug into it doesn't mean its not usable. Tons of guys are using it. If you are going to rely on a powercommander autotune to completely tune your bike I think that's the wrong way to go in my opinion.

no i have someone who tunes with powercommander but not someone who uses ecu editor

should've known all the cool **** would stop when petrik got a gen 2, lol

Hey, first off thanks for this thread! I was wondering is there a way to combine log files? Reason i ask is with the datalogger/flasher i went out for a long ride sat and sunday with no access to a computer to look at the logged data and make adjustments before ridding again and have 9349Kb of data over 18 files. I know i would have had to have hit most rpm ranges with varing throttle % and would like to be able to take all the data and tune from that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tom

so I just started looking into this... where would I find the source code for ecu editor? I know it is open source, but if someone can point me to where to get the code I might be able to help some (once I get some time :) )
no promises, but I have a gen1 :)

[edit]
nevermind I found it:
https://bitbucket.org/ecueditor/ecueditor/overview
(thought it was on google before)

Just since I think the tutorial was done with an earlier version and i want to make sure i am doing this right. The tutorial says click on the % Map change radio button and then click auto tune. I dont have that auto tune button.

Once I click on Auto Tuned Map then I have a button that says Auto Tune. Im just clicking that button on the TPS and IAP maps to do the auto tune correct?

Thanks for the help!

I'm trying to look for the proper forum, but is it possible to data log with a Jen 1 hayabusa?
I have a wideband lc-2 and a home made interface. I just don't know how too get them to talk to each other

I'm trying to look for the proper forum, but is it possible to data log with a Jen 1 hayabusa?
I have a wideband lc-2 and a home made interface. I just don't know how too get them to talk to each other

I use the ZT3 Zeitronix AFR reader, which logs to the WRT LogBox Pro... I'm not familiar with the lc-2... although mine is a Gen2, I can't see why you would have an issue with it on the Gen1...
You can't read data from a Gen1 ECU, you can only write to it, so you need to keep good records of changes you've made...

Back