EBC HH opinins?

R1000

Registered
I'm currently using EBC HH pads and am disappointed in them. They are kind of in between use, I'll move to sintered Brembo pads when a new set of wheels are mounted next month.

The EBC pads are significantly better than then stock pads once they are warm, but the initial bite is far too weak to me. They should be fine for active driving with a lot of hard braking, but for normal driving where the first braking may be the only option they are not acceptable to me.

What are your experiences?

I am very happy with my HH pads, but, I have to say that I have not tried anything else.

I am very happy with my HH pads, but, I have to say that I have not tried anything else.

I've now switched back to the stock pads. It is a night and day difference in favour to the stock set for the first (cold) brake attempts :cheerleader:. The EBC HH I've used are not suitable for a normal traffic situation, where you must have maximum braking power at any time, whenever needed. The EBC pads were breaked in by the book, dozens of light brakings and then full stops with cooling in between. Using them at this point they felt extremely good. But, the first brake attempts in mornings was upright very weak compared to the stockers.

No more EBC pads on my bike, well except they would be fine on a track day. Once warmed up they are great and show no signs of weakening after repeated hard braking. The stock pads can take several hard brakes to, but will probably fade sooner on track.

Always been happy with the ebc

Hmmm, strange that other seems to like them and I've just trashed a set...These mornings were the EBC has felt like sh-t have been wet. No direct rain but wet roads and very foggy. Perhaps this has put the EBC's in an unfair condition and they ARE good as long as the air and brakes are perfectly dry ???

I have used the EBC HH pads and found them to work fine in any situation. Even when cold. I think you may have glazed your pads. Try cleaning your rotors with brake clean and rough up your ebc pads on the concrete floor.

If you are testing your brakes on wet pavement, you are dancing with a crash.

I have switched to SBS Sinter Grip Race pads (806RS for the Gen II). I find the SBS pads to keep that initial bite longer than the EBC. Just a matter of preference I suppose.

I use the EBC's and have been happy with their performance in all conditions :thumbsup:

I suppose I like mine... they are a bit soft on the first hit of the day and a bit noisy but seem to work ok overall..

Back