EBC-HH Pads hissing in normal riding!?!

PHH

Registered
I just installed som EBC-HH front brake pads. What I find strange is that thy begin to make a hissing nose when I reach 30-40mph(normal riding, not braking). I have known EBC pads to be noisey, but only when braking.

Anyone else experiance this?

Mine are always "buzzing" while riding. They will get bedded in soon though, give em a few hundred miles and you'll be fine!

Ok, thanks for the quick answers
hello.gif

metallic pad = metallic noise I just wish the calipers "squared" up better with the rotors.. the extra drag put on the front wheel is not all that cool...

Try this, if you haven't already done this: when pulling away from a dead stop and using a "none aggressive" pull-out; apply slight pressure to your front brake enough to "touch" ever so slightly for enough time to allow the pads to "bite". They will pull against your acceleration a bit, but you will know when to release and when enough will be enough.

This will help in your bedding process.
winkold.gif

I would rather hear a little hissing than none at all.

So PHH, what do you think of the new pads? Had a set on my 01' and was thinking about doing the same to my K8.

W/ the EBC HH pads and SS lines combo you'll feel a world of difference in the front brakes. At first you'll feel like you're applying too much brake because they grab so well, but after a while you'll get used to it and it will become normal braking for you.

And yes I have an ever-so-slight hiss but nothing bad enough to where it's annoying or worrysome.

Try this, if you haven't already done this: when pulling away from a dead stop and using a "none aggressive" pull-out; apply slight pressure to your front brake enough to "touch" ever so slightly for enough time to allow the pads to "bite". They will pull against your acceleration a bit, but you will know when to release and when enough will be enough.

winkold.gif
Yup, I allways apply a little brake while riding to bed in new pads
thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif
Yup, I always apply a little brake while riding to bed in new pads
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
winkold.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

winkold.gif

Have you upgraded your lines and fluid yet? Essential!
Yes, I installed Galfer stainless lines and changed the fluid.
I have also been adjusting the suspension, running these brake mods on stock settings is not a good idea...

So far I have gone up 2 clicks on compression and rebound(front and rear)and 1 and 1/2 turns preload on the forks. The tire pressure is at 36 psi. The bike is much more stable, both in the corners and on the brakes
smile.gif

I haven´t decided yet if like the stock Bridgestone tires,but the feeling from the back is not as good as I would like when riding near the edge og the tire(nothing dangerous, but not to my liking...) I might go for Metzeler Sportec M3 or Michellin PP 2CT next.

Back