Correct front brake pads

blacknight

Registered
I'm looking into replacing the front brake pads on my 08 Busa.

I want to get a Set of EBC brake pads. But now I see many are saying:

Never use sintered metal brake pads in models originally equipped with non-sintered brake pads.

What are sintered pads and how can I tell if my stock pads are sintered or not??

Or does it really matter

I'm looking into replacing the front brake pads on my 08 Busa.

I want to get a Set of EBC brake pads. But now I see many are saying:

Never use sintered metal brake pads in models originally equipped with non-sintered brake pads.

What are sintered pads and how can I tell if my stock pads are sintered or not??

Or does it really matter

i had EBC once, i never liked them and made a whooshing noise when applied hard.

i use BENDIX race, these are great and much improved over OEM

I use sintered and no issues. Great stopping power. My rotors are old now too. 39,000kms and been on them for about 5k now. I have replacement rotors but no need to change them yet. I'm very happy and can do 1 finger stopies if needed. Galfer lines as well.. the rest is stock. Stock rotors, stock calipers. Just EBC Sintered HH pads.

This is probably what you want. They have changed the names on their pads. EPFA Sintered Fast Street and Trackday Pads
The latest in sintered metal fusion technology is now available for all modern sportbikes ...

I've been running them up front for over a year and they do help with stopping and the feel / feedback, when I really put the squeeze on there is a slight whine. I had been told by one member that they would wear my rotors out , but that has not been the case. That probably depends at lot on your riding, highway miles vs, burning the twisties up 90% of the time. I love them.

Be aware the Pro Extreme drag a bit when cold(ish)... and when it comes to MOT time (or whatever you yanks have :)) you'll get an advisory saying "the brakes are dragging". This has been raised with EBC in the UK and as yet nothing has been done about it...

Fab pads... better upgrade than the HH ones... worth the advisory anytime!!

Jza

Be aware the Pro Extreme drag a bit when cold(ish)... and when it comes to MOT time (or whatever you yanks have :)) you'll get an advisory saying "the brakes are dragging". This has been raised with EBC in the UK and as yet nothing has been done about it...

Fab pads... better upgrade than the HH ones... worth the advisory anytime!!

Jza
You must have a 2013, my Busa only talks through my Brocks :poke:

We carry/sell the EBC Extreme Pro Pads if you need them & can ship worldwide.. I got so tired of everyone mentioning them so much, had to try them myself.

People are quick to forget the Extreme Pros are twice as expensive as a normal pad & when I tell riders it's ~$150 for a front set, not everyone wants to drop that type of coin. I can't hear a thing or feel any drag. They have amazing stopping power though, intense grab which actually builds stronger as you brake hard.

Galfer HH run you $80 a set/both rotors.

We carry/sell the EBC Extreme Pro Pads if you need them & can ship worldwide.. I got so tired of everyone mentioning them so much, had to try them myself.

People are quick to forget the Extreme Pros are twice as expensive as a normal pad & when I tell riders it's ~$150 for a front set, not everyone wants to drop that type of coin. I can't hear a thing or feel any drag. They have amazing stopping power though, intense grab which actually builds stronger as you brake hard.

Galfer HH run you $80 a set/both rotors.
How about my comment? I could not find them on their website. Is that the new Pro Extreme or close ?

Pro Extreme & Extreme Pro is same thing. Semantics.

08+ Hayabusa uses in front EBC:

FA379HH (standard HH) - $39
EPFA379HH (extreme pro) - $75
GPFAX379HH (race) - $85
GPFA379HH - $75

(these are list prices)

I go through 4-5 maybe 6 sets of EBC brake pads per season. This is what I have learned about EBC HH pads and EBC Extreme Pros. Both are outstanding performers. The early EBC HH pads were a little noisy when applied gently. They made a light purring noise. EBC has eliminated that issue. Wasn't an issue with performance but some street guys didn't like the sound.

The EBC Extreme Pro pads have the same HH compound as the standard HH pads with the exception of ground ceramic powder incorporated into the pad compound. This ceramic powder gives smoothness to the brake application. I use nothing but the Extreme Pro pads. There is a huge difference in feel. If you have developed good braking skills you will know exactly what I mean. The Extreme Pro pads are outstanding for trail braking and even better if you do a few stoppies along the way.

For my money, the Extreme Pro's are well worth the additional costs.

Braking in my view is not about power, it's about feel which equals control!

EBC Extreme Pro pads at work!

SteveO Stoppie 3.27.10.jpg

Just curious! Most of us here support our sponsors because they are the backbone of this free to us website. Without them "Hayabusa.org" would not exist. Why did you go to EBAY when Tim "Pashnit" offered them for only a few dollars more? :dunno:

Just curious! Most of us here support our sponsors because they are the backbone of this free to us website. Without them "Hayabusa.org" would not exist. Why did you go to EBAY when Tim "Pashnit" offered them for only a few dollars more? :dunno:

And I deserve the Loser award for that mistake....LOL
When I made the purchase on 3/10 I really didnt think about searching for venders here...

OMG....
That swooshing sound is completely annoying.
I can get used to the sound, but OMG it can be annoying at first.
Also, when I pulled off the old (Tokico) pads, looks like there was about 80% life that was left.
I may just put those back on.....

Back