ebay

superbusaman

Registered
someone on ebay is selling a gsxr600, so i asked what the reserve was, just out of curiousity. anyways i get an email back, saying why should he tell me blah blah, and to never email him any more questions. my opinion if i was trying to sell a bike i would be kissing peoples asses if they were interested. is that just me or no?

hmmmm.
thats some great sales tactic eh??
LOL!
i have been using ebay quite a bit recently. got the wifes buell there. been good experiences to date. sometimes though there are shmucks that you have to deal with. sounds to me like you'll be dealing with someone else in the future.

um... after being a seller on ebay, I can say that his response wasn't a very good one .... certainly not well thought out anyway.

In theory, you shouldnt ask the reserve price or offer to purchase an item outside of the auction (ebay gets screwed on fees) however it happens all the time. He shoulda just responded back with the price if you were serious/he was serious and said that he won't end the auction early.

Find someone else, sounds like that guy is *way* too proud of his chit.
rock.gif

He must not have been really trying to sell it.

I for one always take offers on my items outside of ebay instead of paying those damn fees.

In theory, you shouldnt ask the reserve price or offer to purchase an item outside of the auction (ebay gets screwed on fees) however it happens all the time.
Oh boy, ebay gets screwed on fees. I wouldn't want that to happen. I like it when they take my money. Maybe I'll bid on my own items next time so the price goes up and they charge me more.

Ebay can kiss my a$$. It sucks to sell on ebay man. Once you factor in ebay fees and paypal fees, a lot of your money goes down the drain. Now ebay is raising it's prices again in Feb.

What really kills me is they charge you money to list your item....and then they charge you more money when it sells. It's like WTF man.

And then if you fall for a scam on ebay, do you really think ebay is going to help you. I've heard so many stories about people getting scammed, and ebay not doing a damned thing. Ebay can kiss my a$$ a second time.

As a side note, i got a couple of playstation 2 games for sale on ebay right now, any takers?
smile.gif

the reason they keep the reserve private is that until if its known nobody would bid until the last minute and the seller would receive like right at the reserve. The reserve is not given out so the seller can get the best bid. Its the right of the seller and when you sell often on ebay some people forget to be polite and lash out at newbies to that form of commerce.

BTW the reserve is revealed once it has been met. If you are a serious buyer then bid up to the price you are willing to pay and if the reserve is not met then he wants more than your willing to pay. Simple!

<!--EDIT|MoTrFinger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106286301 -->

i dont see why they dont just come out and say hey i wont take anything less than this. Or hell why dont they start the biding at the lowest amount. Doesnt make any sense to me

Well I tried to sell my Busa on EBay last week and got scammed. I had a number of people ask me the reserve and I told them as well as people offering me deals on the side. I wouldn’t end the auction early anyway. I had quite a few bids on it and my reserve was met. I emailed every person that was the highest bidder to confirm their intentions. If I didn’t get a reply, I cancelled their bid. Well at the last moment a guy with a feedback of over a 1000 rating bids on my bike and the auction ends at a very good price. I had a feeling something was up. So almost as soon as the auction ended, I get an email from the high bidder saying someone stole his ID and he did not bid on my bike. So here I am having to pay these fees for nothing. Well EBay actually emailed me about it and my final value fee was refunded because the guy was telling the truth. So EBay will help in certain situations, but they can never make someone follow through with the sale.

The guy doesn't sound like he has any people skills thats for sure

<!--EDIT|GD4GVN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106324828 -->

He'll either be doing one of two things: 1. He'll be riding that same bike this summer, or 2. He'll have to sell it for about $100 to get rid of it
biggrin.gif
Ignorant bastid!!
mad.gif

the reason they keep the reserve private is that until if its known nobody would bid until the last minute and the seller would receive like right at the reserve. The reserve is not given out so the seller can get the best bid. Its the right of the seller and when you sell often on ebay some people forget to be polite and lash out at newbies to that form of commerce.

BTW the reserve is revealed once it has been met. If you are a serious buyer then bid up to the price you are willing to pay and if the reserve is not met then he wants more than your willing to pay. Simple!
Thats right, well put.

Back