EBAY QUESTIONS - I AM AN IDIOT

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, so I sell my dry suit on ebay. for more than I thought it would go for its all good.

Buyer sends the funds to my ebay account with in an hour or so. still all good.

When I start to engage in the shipping process, I notice that paypal lists the buyers address as unconfirmed.

and then something about the buyers credit card is unconfirmed.

And then I get this nice little notice from ebay stating I am not protected against charge back.

I have emailed the person twice asking them to verify shipping address and name, and have not received any responses back

Ok, this is the first time I have sold anything on ebay and I don’t know what is going on. I know I want to mail the dry suit ASAP, however I don’t want to mail it and have the funds removed from my account (which that sounds like it can happen, but not sure under what circumstances)

I have emailed paypal asking them the questions and I have not received a response back from them either.

Can anyone out there give me a warm fuzzy or a heads up?

Thanks

Thrasher,
Yer a really nice guy.
smile.gif

That's the very reason I stay the hell away from e-bay. Way too many unknowns, and little fuggin rules.

Hope you get it sorted out.

What kind of dry-suit, and how much? I just bought one earlier this year.

T-Fox,
The unconfirmed address is sort of a deal becuase a lot of sellers won't ship as the is no protection for them if the item doesn't arrive. I would send an email to the buyer stating simply that you can't send the suit out until you get in contact with him/her, as you want to protect yourself - but you also want to ensure that the buyer recieves what he paid for. If they are on the up and up, they should appreciate both your honesty and efforts to NOT screw them.

Shawn

That's the very reason I stay the hell away from e-bay.  Way too many unknowns, and little fuggin rules.

What kind of dry-suit, and how much?  I just bought one earlier this year.

I had bought it a few years ago thinking my big arse would fit into it and it didnt. (water is too cold here in California, miss Key West).

So what you all are telling me is I could get screwed?
Hey STKR -

It is a Posiedon custom dry suit.

I had a set a reserve price of $150.00 The bidding on it was kind of odd, this one guy jumped right to 150, and at the last minute this other person bumped it to 197.50

So that was the selling price. plus $11.00 shipping

T-Fox,
The unconfirmed address is sort of a deal becuase a lot of sellers won't ship as the is no protection for them if the item doesn't arrive.  I would send an email to the buyer stating simply that you can't send the suit out until you get in contact with him/her, as you want to protect yourself - but you also want to ensure that the buyer recieves what he paid for.  If they are on the up and up, they should appreciate both your honesty and efforts to NOT screw them.

Shawn
Thanks Mustang -

Yeah, I sent two emails last night and have not received a response back yet

The other things that make me concerned is the buyer only has 1 purchase on their record. The buyers name is a female’s name, but the name on the credit card is a male name and no last name similarities

an unconfirmed address means that it is not the billing address of the money account used by the buyer, i.e. a work address.  I use paypal all the time and it won't confirm an address unless that address matches your billing address.  as stated prior I would send an email requesting correct shipping information, and if you do not receive a response within a set time of your choice, refuse the funds and send them another email informing them they are not going to get the merchandise due to insufficent communication and an unconfirmed address.

as for the strange bidding, that is typical, I wait til there is 10 seconds left on an item before I make my bid, that way I won't get outbid unless another buyer has a higher bid already in.

f.y.i you are not an idiot and I pity the fool that calls you one my muscle bound friend

<!--EDIT|PsychoZ
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101161250 -->

Thanks Rev.. (And Mikey too
biggrin.gif
)

Yeah... well I just sent my 3rd email to the person a few minutes ago.. and I looked at the shipping info

There was a phone number listed for New York. so I called it and got a females voice message.

Didnt know why I didnt notice it sooner but I couldnt ship it even if I wanted to. the shipping address has a number, but no street name listed, Then it has the city and state. so I dont even have a valid address to mail it to.

I left a voice message and asked the person to call me back

I feel bad because I dont want the person to think I am a jerk nor do I want to get a bad rating.. heck, it is the only thinf I have sold on ebay. 1 bad rating out of 1 rating would not be too good
wow.gif

That's the very reason I stay the hell away from e-bay.  Way too many unknowns, and little fuggin rules.

What kind of dry-suit, and how much?  I just bought one earlier this year.

I had bought it a few years ago thinking my big arse would fit into it and it didnt. (water is too cold here in California, miss Key West).

So what you all are telling me is I could get screwed?
Hey STKR -

It is a Posiedon custom dry suit.

I had a set a reserve price of $150.00 The bidding on it was kind of odd, this one guy jumped right to 150, and at the last minute this other person bumped it to 197.50

So that was the selling price. plus $11.00 shipping
Thrasher, I'm not sure what condition it was in, but that is one helluva deal.

I just spent $1000 on an Andy's shell suit with latex hood, and an insulated under garment. Being on the Dive Rescue team, I'll be doing Under Ice Diving, so it has to be warm.

If this deal doesn't work out, let me know and I could post a message up at the dive shop. Somebody might be interested.
biggrin.gif

Here is a link to the auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MESO:IT

Also, the item number is 7113729174

I think the link should still work. I have a picture of it and I have all the measerments listed.

As of right now, I do not have a shipping address to ship it to. I have sent three emails and last night I called a number that I had that was in New York and left a message on a womans voice mail asking them to return my call.

I dont know how long I am supposed to wait until I refund the funds and move on.

I guess on Ebay I can do a second chance offer and the nearest bid was $2.00 less

check out the link, if it looks like a good deal and you know someone that can fit into it and someone wants to offer me $200.00 plus shipping (the dry suit boxed up weighs 13 pounds, to ship it to New York it will cost me $11.00 and that is with $200.00 insurance. (just to give an idea of shipping cost) ) I will wait until I am not supposed to wait any longer for this lady then I will put it back up for sale.

Let me know if the link works and if you know anyone who is interested.

Ron

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101216223 -->

I looked at the add on e-bay. It looks like a nice suit, and the measurements are just about right for me (5'7" - 170lbs), but the only problem is that it is a Neoprene suit. For the rescue diving and potentially contaminated waters, I have to have a rubberized suit.

I'll let the dive shop know about it just in case anyone is looking for a non-rescue suit.

Thanks
beerchug.gif

Back