Ebay issue ( little odd )

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I woud like to get your opinion on this.

I sold an item on ebay.

He sent me an email requesting a total amount owed, On this email it said I would like to have the item shipped to the address below in bold letters just as shown.

He then sent payment through Paypal, Normally I would just print a shipping labels off the Paypal receipt but because I was shipping it UPS I had the guys at work ship it for me, Using the address given above in bold letters.

After the item was shipped I sent him the tracking number,

He sent me an email letting me know that was his old address. and that the address shown on his paypal receipt was the correct address.

I had the guys at work contact UPS and do a address change,
( Cost $10.00 ) which I paid. Well it was still delivered to the first address, which was his old address.

Who is at fault here.

his in my opinion. i you get bad feedback i believe you can respond to his/her comment about that particular transaction where everyone could see it.

Yeah, it is not hard to update your paypal address and as a responsible seller I only shipped to the confirm address. It helps cut back on fraud using that policy.

Are the two different addresses in different states? If that's the case I would be high suspicious of this guy.

Last edited:
paypal actually screwed my address up several times when I had changed it. It took two weeks for them to clear it up it happens sometimes.

But then again, what ever the circumstance, if he has paid for the item, I would ship to where ever he has indicated. Only trying to see the other side, who knows what his circumstance is/was. I know that if I paid for an item and requested it be shipped to a certain address, thats where I would expect it to arrive. But he should have updated his info to avoid all this nonetheless.

Yeah, it is not hard to update your paypal address and as a responsible seller I only shipped to the confirm address. It helps cut back on fraud using that policy.

Are the two different addresses in different states? If that's the case I would be high suspicious of this guy.

Same state but about 280 miles away from each other

Don't lose any of the Emails you have and jump on UPS about the Them Failing. They took your money for it etc...

Good Luck!

I won't usually ship any of my ebay items to a address other than a paypal verified address. It can come back to haunt you later.

I woud like to get your opinion on this.

I sold an item on ebay.

He sent me an email requesting a total amount owed, On this email it said I would like to have the item shipped to the address below in bold letters just as shown.

He then sent payment through Paypal, Normally I would just print a shipping labels off the Paypal receipt but because I was shipping it UPS I had the guys at work ship it for me, Using the address given above in bold letters.

After the item was shipped I sent him the tracking number,

He sent me an email letting me know that was his old address. and that the address shown on his paypal receipt was the correct address.

I had the guys at work contact UPS and do a address change,
( Cost $10.00 ) which I paid. Well it was still delivered to the first address, which was his old address.

Who is at fault here.

You are at fault!!!

You should have never sold Misty on Ebay, She is getting back at you for this.

Just teasing,
It looks like he messed up and you did above and beyond what most would have done and UPS just missed the mark.
No harm, no foul on your part, just another reason for the saying "No good deed goes unpunished"
Sorry to hear bro.

U think that's bad! I ordered something for my bike on eBay and they was located in Cali . It took almost a month before I got the item and when I got it it was whole different part. So I had to send it back. And my stupid azz ordered from them again cause the prices where cheap and the samething happened again they sent me the wrong part. I didn't leave negative feedback cause I try now to screw people over so I didn't leave any feedback at all.

His fault. He gave you the address. Careful, don't I remember reading about some kind of fraud that involved changing address in mid shipment?

Our business accepts credit cards - but we have AVS turned on, that confirms the mailing address of the owner's credit card. You would not BELIEVE how many people don't even know the correct address that their credit card statement goes to. I have had an hour argument before with someone swearing that the address they were giving me was correct, only to find out it wasn't when I asked them to fax me the top part of their statement proving it. It's really amazing...

Back