PayPal Question

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I ordered a gift for a friend from a website that only utilizes PayPal. When it took me to PayPal, after logging in, I entered her address as a "new address" for me, because I wanted it sent directly to her (and I didn't see anything that would allow me to have something sent to a different address than my own).

Two questions:

1) On my email confirmation from PayPal, it said her address was "unconfirmed." What does this mean, and will she get the gift?

2) Will the merchant send her the invoice (so she'll see the price)? I didn't think to give any special instructions to the merchant.

I realize now that PayPal may not be set up to send gifts. But, I probably have a few days to call the merchant and clarify the issues, because the gift was on back order.

Thanks in advance.

The invoice should come to your email and has nothing to do with the "ship to" address. The merchant may put a physical invoice int he shipment unless you told him not to. Some merchants will only ship to a confirmed address but unless they stated that up front it is probably not going to be an issue.

"Unconfirmed" means that nothing has been shipped and received through your account at that address before. I had the same thing happen to me when I moved and asked the question to paypal and thats how it was explained to me. She will receive the item and as soon as she signs for it and it posts to paypal it will switch to a confirmed shipping address. No worries!

most companies unless its noted that its a gift send invoices in the packaging and it says unconfimed because none of your credit cards or bank accounts are linked to that address so they have no way of confirming its you, some sellers wont ship to a unconfirmed address but thats usually just ebay

The "ship to" address shouldn't have anything to do with PayPal, that address would only apply to the seller. I use PP all the time for different things, and it never requires an address at all, just log in and confirm the payment to the seller.
Somthin' funny going on there..???

Simple answer...buy me some new rotors, put MY address and I'll let you know if it works out mmkay?:laugh:

Make sure you change the shipping address back to your address once the transaction is complete, I once did what you did and forgot to change it back, The next item I bought went to that address too.

The ship to address has to be 'confirmed' thru PayPal. You have to enter it into your account info and only after they verify it will they ship to it. PayPal or anyone that uses it will not ship to an unconfirmed address.

Thanks for all the info. I'll call the merchant tomorrow morning and tell them it's a gift; not to send an invoice with the gift; and that I already received an invoice by email.

In the future, I'll just have gifts to me, and then forward them by UPS.

200.gif

Back