Ebay/Paypal fake scam

BusaboyCO

Registered
I recently received an email from "Paypal" urging me to update my account that looked rather suspicious. So I hit the link and put in an incorrect password to see what happened. Sure enough, it went to a "page not found" after entering the password. I forwarded it to Paypal as a spof and sure enough, I got a response from Paypal saying it was not from them. I got another similar one from "Ebay" tonite. Sure it id a similar e-mail, so I sent it to Ebay for verification.

Just wanted to give a heads up so no one gives up their Paypal/Ebay passwords.

Have a good one.

p.s. just got a reply from Ebay stating the e-mail was not theirs......BOLO...(be on the lookout)

<!--EDIT|BusaboyCO
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083465626 -->

I do that all the time. If I am even slightly suspicious about a website, I type in the wrong login and password to see what happens. So far I've found that I am just too darn suspicious.
laugh.gif

Good to be aware. PayPal does not send e-mail for updates, they wait until you visit the site.

e-bay and paypal both say they will never ask for your password in an e-mail if someone asks for a password in a e-mail it is a fake.:angry:

Got the same email from ebay about updating my account or be deleted, but it didn't seem right so I never followed up on it. Thank God I didn't. Thanks for the heads up Busaboy.

I got the ebay "update" scam mail, too. Muthafuggers!
mad.gif
(edited to say that I did NOT fall for it.
wink.gif
)Also been gettin' a lot of virus infected emails that are disguised as returned emails that I supposedly sent to people I don't even know. On a few of them, they actually forgot to attach the virus file. Just got the bogus "cover sheet" for it.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083504405 -->

BT are you running a anti virus if so it will take the attachment out before you can infect you puter.

Thanks for the heads up.................haven't seen anything like that yet..........................
cool.gif

Back