PAYPAL USER be aware !!!

hionbusa

Registered
My business partner just got $47,000 stolen out of his bank account .

it was paypal withdraws of $1900 each . The freaking bank didnt even bother putting a hold after seen that they were doing it more then 10 times.

INSTEAD , the kept charging him 15 bucks "excessive withdraw fee" . what kind of bull is that
mad.gif

YES its washington mutual where checking is supposed to be free.............................

anyhow. he managed to trace it to a paypal account that wasnt his .

THe mystery is , he just opened up a pay pal account and bought some art on ebay .

How did they know that he had that much money in his account ?? TO be solved

Wamu is saying the Fdic insurance MIGHT not cover it .

i made him file a report with the FBI.

BE careful with paypal guys,

change your password every month or so . and be aware of weird looking links.

You can right click on any links and it will show you in the properties view where that link really goes. If it is an IP address then it is a scam. Also Ebay and Pay-Pal will never ever ever ask for your password to be updated and or changed. Also I use my check card or a Credit card through pay-pal. NEVER my checking account. Keeps a little more security in there also. Good luck to your buddy getting all fixed.

i do the same as unkleslapnutz, i only use a credit card threw paypal it is the only protection you have. paypal can be a rip off.

(unkleslapnutz @ Dec. 13 2006,01:05) You can right click on any links and it will show you in the properties view where that link really goes. If it is an IP address then it is a scam. Also Ebay and Pay-Pal will never ever ever ask for your password to be updated and or changed. Also I use my check card or a Credit card through pay-pal. NEVER my checking account. Keeps a little more security in there also. Good luck to your buddy getting all fixed.
Yup, if you just hover your mouse over the links in those emails you'll see they may not go back to PAYPAL. Forward those to the spoof@paypal.com email address... DO NOT reply to them.

That really sucks! I have a Nigerian scammer trying to get over on me right now... Just sent me a fake paypal reciept for 505.00 and is trying to get me to ship my item... He won the auction at 350.00 after I told them they specifically could not bid... I wish Nigeria would just fall off the planet.

(jessup @ Dec. 13 2006,08:44) That really sucks!  I have a Nigerian scammer trying to get over on me right now... Just sent me a fake paypal reciept for 505.00 and is trying to get me to ship my item... He won the auction at 350.00 after I told them they specifically could not bid...   I wish Nigeria would just fall off the planet.
With the right cargo dropped from say 60,000 ft it could be a good bassin spot in about 50 years!
all_coholic.gif

(jessup @ Dec. 13 2006,07:44) That really sucks! I have a Nigerian scammer trying to get over on me right now... Just sent me a fake paypal reciept for 505.00 and is trying to get me to ship my item... He won the auction at 350.00 after I told them they specifically could not bid... I wish Nigeria would just fall off the planet.
For future use.....you can block any bidder in "My Ebay" also you can cancel any bids made on your auctions.

If someone pisses me off in any way at all I block them...
beerchug.gif

(thepushercg @ Dec. 13 2006,03:13) i do the same as unkleslapnutz, i only use a credit card threw paypal it is the only protection you have. paypal can be a rip off.
Exactly, I'll give out my Credit card numbers no sweat. PayPal keeps saying I must "Certify" or whatever the hell. But there is NO WAY I am giving out routing and account information to these idiots.

It's also why I don't EVER use my ATM/Debit Card for anything other than cash and sure as hell wouldn't give that number out over the phone or internet.

They can scam any of my cards and it costs me $50. They empty my Checking account and I'm out all the money in my account plus charges for bouncy checks. No thank you!

Always use a credit card too...atleast there is some sort of protection
wink.gif

I guarantee his info was given by something he did. Now don't get me wrong, there are a ton of hacks preying on people out there and paypal is one of the many avenues used to rob people of their cash. But he probably entered a password where it shouldn't have been entered.

But this in NO case will mean that he is out the funds. No doubt he will be in for alot of BS to get it taken care of. But his money shoud be returned, the bank fees.......well that is another story.

When used properly and dilligently paypal is as good if not better than any other means of transfer there is out there.

Best of luck to him.

One year ago today I was scammed by some scumbag in Springfield MO for $2,300.00. I payed through Paypal, but never received the product. Make a long story short, I went to my local P.D., gave them all the info, and 6 days later the scumbag was in the Springfield jail looking at a felony. I also received my money 1 month later. Lesson learned.
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

(7th Gear @ Dec. 13 2006,20:37) One year ago today I was scammed by some scumbag in Springfield MO for $2,300.00. I payed through Paypal, but never received the product. Make a long story short, I went to my local P.D., gave them all the info, and 6 days later the scumbag was in the Springfield jail looking at a felony. I also received my money 1 month later. Lesson learned.
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif
Good for you. That's lucky!

guns.gif

guns.gif

Back