Pay Pal & Ebay

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone one notice Pay Pal now holds your $ for 21 days now to make sure the buyer gets what they want? ... I just sold a $400 Motorola Droid on Ebay and I am not sending it until the $ are mine for sure. The buyer could claim anything when the item arrives... WTH! :banghead: Now the buyer is gonna be p!ssd!

I noticed quite a few power sellers are no longer accepting PayPal, I am guessing for the same reasons... ?

Here is what the PayPal forum is saying : https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay/HORRIBLE-IDEA-TO-HOLD-FUNDS-FOR-21-DAYS/m-p/14220

Wow! That's a bunch of crap!! Pay pal is turning out to be more of a hassle then it's worth.:moon:

Paypal is gonna cut its own throat. They also won't accept money on some levels with gun related items. And we know what they do on raffles.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not to Mention there Outragiouse FEE'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just got charged $60.00 for Selling $300 Worth of Items.....................And if you Sell an Item and the Buyer Disputes. PAYPAL Automatically Takes the Money OUT of your account !!!!!!!!!!!!! :wtf:
:moon:

Personally, I am thrilled with Pay Pal's actions. I say, it's about time.

I have purchased items on ebay that turned out to be nothing like what was advertised. The seller vanishes with my money and I have nothing to show for it. I received an empty package once. I received a fairing stay that was crashed and junk, a radiator that was crashed and junk then the seller can't be found and the buyer (ME) was out the cash with no recourse.

I'm sorry to say, but you can thank the crooks for making it hard for everyone. If the seller don't take paypal, I don't buy. Paypal is the only recourse I have as a buyer and there are so many scammers out there it's hard to recognize them all.

I say, if I have to wait 21 days to get my item, the seller should not complain if he has to wait 21 days for his cash. Just my opinion but what's good for the goose is good for the gander! :beerchug:

dang...this is NEWS to me also. I have always used paypal backed by a credit card only so I'd like to think that payment is "instant".

Maybe this applies to payments backed by bank funds? I may have to exercise more caution when receiving paypal as a payment.

I have purchased items on ebay that turned out to be nothing like what was advertised. The seller vanishes with my money and I have nothing to show for it. I received an empty package once. I received a fairing stay that was crashed and junk, a radiator that was crashed and junk then the seller can't be found and the buyer (ME) was out the cash with no recourse.

I'm sorry to say, but you can thank the crooks for making it hard for everyone. If the seller don't take paypal, I don't buy. Paypal is the only recourse I have as a buyer and there are so many scammers out there it's hard to recognize them all.

I say, if I have to wait 21 days to get my item, the seller should not complain if he has to wait 21 days for his cash. Just my opinion but what's good for the goose is good for the gander! :beerchug:

Have to agree.
It is sad but I did a lot of buying and overall was out about $1000.
A very large amount of that was a guy who had 2000 transactions and 100% rating, and the last of us doing business got burned as he shut down.
I stopped buying totally until PayPal guaranteed the sales.
Like Tuf says thank the thieves.
JMO too.

Now the table will be turned to the sellers, thats what the ebay rating was for, I never buy anything from anyone on ebay that has neg feedback or has less that 20 good feedbacks.

Anyway I think PayPal is CYA and not the consumers... :(

Now the table will be turned to the sellers, thats what the ebay rating was for, I never buy anything from anyone on ebay that has neg feedback or has less that 20 good feedbacks.

Anyway I think PayPal is CYA and not the consumers... :(

Right on Kent that is what the Feedback Rating is For.............I have a 100% Rating

I also never send paypal for a craigslist item and never to brand new members here either.

AND they get to hold or float your $ for 21 days interest free X Millions of transactions ... that = $$$$$$ for them. ( I am in the bank card biz so I know )

yeah, this could change how I do things with ebay and paypal for sure. The funny thing is they will not do just credit cards, you have to link to your bank account. Seems like while attempting to be on the side of the buyer, the people taking the $$ are getting boned. Its not like a credit card that says if you return it with proof we'll issue you the credit. Paypal is saying if you just make a claim its on the seller to prove otherwise. Dunno, seems like a chicken and egg story, who comes first the guy that's willing to take it as payment or the guy that wants to use it to pay....all the long as mentioned, paypal gets millions in free loans to make interest off of or whatever else.

Guess we are back to money orders or cash in an overnight tracked package :banghead:

If you notice on a number of occasions when you buy off of Ebay from a foreign seller, say in Hong Kong...they will ask you to list the money transfer as a gift to avoid the fees...but then your screwed if you don't get the part as you "Gifted" the money.

Just got to calculate the fee into the sale price. When your the big dog in the park you make the rules...sucks but what can you do?

I gotta agree with this one too.... Sorry to say that a handful of shysters have screwed up a perfectly good thing (again)....

I am not happy with the fee's but I just gotta figure that is the cost of doing biz until some law maker decides they can run PP better...

I used Paypal once, never again. My checks cash the next day with no fees.
Also don't like ebay, too much junk to sift through..........

Yea but "New" vortex rearsets $200 delivered
"New" Shoei RF1100 lid $125
"New" 2006 Hayabusa $8700

too much other to list but those are a few of the good ones I got..

I do not mind sorting through some of the junk :)

Checks? hah, you write a check to anyone they have your account #. I had my check book stolen out of my jeep. I canceled all the checks that day, but they still made fake checks and used the account # on the checks. The only thing thats safe to use is CASH in person!

Back