Dyno tune

skydiver57

Registered
New to this site, so bear with me Busa dudes...have an o6 LE total engine stock, but I do want to get a set of Blings probably, and a PC to make the EFI do its best. Anyone know if tuning it up while actually on a dyno is the best way to get all it can offer, or is one of the "generic" maps just as good? The bike has all the power this old guy ever needs, but I am anal about just having it run at its optimum best after the slip ons are on. Not worried about h.p. particularly, or torque...I just want it to be as smooth through the power band as possible, idle smooth, have smooth on/off throttle etc...thanx and Im in the Portland Ore. area, Seaside actually, so any idears would be appreciated. When I figger out how to post pics etc., will do more posting. Im geting ALOT of great info on this site already...Sarge

It has been my experience that a dyno tune (provided the tech is experienced) is always better than a pre-determined map. Doesn't matter whether you are talking about a car, a bike a weed eater. I dyno tune is a specific tune to that particular engine. You can take 2 production vehicles that came off the line #1 and #2 and the tune for each car can be different.

JMHO

Don

I'll see if I can find somebody in Portland then...thanx for the help. Like I said, all the power I need is there, so its mostly gonna be appearance mods. Ive added Yana Shiki links to the middle hole, Puig smoked screen, and one or two other easy deals, but thats about it. Rode an R-1 ( dont hold that against me...) last year, but I need more "room"...like the bike alot so far. Gets alot of looks (cool factor?) I think them 16 inch Blings would go good, and hopefully sound better.

A custom map on the dyno is always the best way to go, and it has nothing to do with HP!! If you have an experienced guy doing it, the bottom end drivability will be far smoother and more responsive. You'll get better mileage and of course more HP to boot. The maps that come on the PC's are a starter map till you can get to a dyno.

-

Check out Goldenchild aka Daniel he is a board sponser from Cloud9 Motorsports of Canby Oregon he is close local and a heckuva nice guy to talk about power from your BUSA....
biggrin.gif
He can Dyno your bike to bring out it's best

<!--EDIT|321CYA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150775587 -->

you may think you have all the power you need...just give it a year (probably sooner) and you will be wanting more! stick around, the info on this site is awesome and almost everyone is super helpful

Back