Dyna Beads Alternative

my question is they say they stay in the same place and they go back to where they were when bounced loose how do they rapidly handle changes in a tire due to enviroment and due to tire wear over time.. kinda seemed like he counterdicted himself when he said they adjust over time but they always go back to the same place. Im interested in knowing if they work.

The impression I got was that they stick to the tire through static charge so they won't fall off when you stop. They aren't stuck so tightly that they can't move when the tire balance changes though. I gotta wonder just how well they would actually stick when stopped though?? Interesting idea...

I have ceramic beads in now and seemed to do ok racing at Maxton last year, was talked into it by my race partner who has been using them for some time now. Of course that track is pretty bumpy so...anyway, I've been running them on the street since then with no issues so I have no complaints about them at this time. I couldn't say if they would fit a need in all track applications. It'd be interesting to find out if any of the pro racers use them.

I still do not have an understanding exactly how they work to balance the tire either. To me it looks like they would go to the opposite side of the tire that needs the weight.

What exactly are Dyno Beads?

Hmmm?
The Q&A is interesting.

Commonly asked questions.

Question1: Does the counteract beads only work at certain speeds?

Answer: No, Counteract beads work from 0mph and up not 30mph and up like the competition.*

Question2: I heard beads will beat around inside a tire when you are at slow speeds, is this true?

Answer: Only Counteract balancing beads stay clung to the tire at any low speed even stopped.*

Question3:Will your product have to re balance every time I stop or park over night?

Answer: No, after installation your tire will be balanced at all times unless you leave your vehicle parked for more then 2 weeks. If you do leave it for more then 2 weeks it will only take a few rotations for the beads to cling to the tire.*

Question4: If i get moisture or lube in the tire will your beads clump up like all the other internal balancer's?

Answer: No, our beads are made of a tempered glass that cant absorb moisture and have a special Teflon coating that wont allow it to clump.*

Question5: I have a internal tire pressure monitoring system will your beads damage them?

Answer: No, we are the only internal balancer that guarantees not to damage them. Other products will damage your sensor.*

Question6:You say Counteract will improve my tire wear and fuel economy, do you have any proof?

Answer: Yes, besides the 62 countries we are in and countless satisfied customers we have a independent study conducted by*Auburn University*and*Federal University of Brazil.*

Says above 'they clump' and you only need worry if bike is parked for more than two weeks?
Glass beads Teflon coated, what makes em 'clump' and stay put?

I'm gonna go ahead and say it.....

TUFBUSA TUFBUSA TUFBUSA....

(eyes closed)

Some of the concerns addressed in the dyna bead thread seem to be taken care of with these?

At the bike shop they had a demo bottle filled with them and when you rotated the bottle some of the beads DID remain on the inner surface wall of the bottle.

I'll stick with the old method thanks. :whistle: Can "o" worms open!

I respect your views but try to look at it as new advancements in technology. If we all decided to stick with the old methods then we would never have a need for engineering advancements (e.g. carb to fuel injection; bias tires to radial; anti-lock brakes) Whats the need for a 200hp motorcycle when a 30hp GS500 sport bike does the same thing.

I totally understand the fear that most people have but from what I understand I know not one car or motorcycle accident caused by the use of tire stabilizing beads.

Remember that 95% of us use our motorcycles on the street within acceptable speed perimeters which is probably under 85mph where our bikes and tires will live 99% of it's life.

PS: Tofas2C ran beads at Bonneville at 218 mph with no issues, he's also running them on the street up to this day. No wheel weights at all.

That doesn't mean they are made for something like that, and I know I am talking about straight line speed but thought I'd put the experience out there for thought.

I respect your views but try to look at it as new advancements in technology. If we all decided to stick with the old methods then we would never have a need for engineering advancements (e.g. carb to fuel injection; bias tires to radial; anti-lock brakes) Whats the need for a 200hp motorcycle when a 30hp GS500 sport bike does the same thing.

I totally understand the fear that most people have but from what I understand I know not one car or motorcycle accident caused by the use of tire stabilizing beads.

Remember that 95% of us use our motorcycles on the street within acceptable speed perimeters which is probably under 85mph where our bikes and tires will live 99% of it's life.

Us 5%ers only trust the traditional weights.:laugh::beerchug:

So, considering the life expectancy of a good sport bike tire...are these balance beads reusable? So your gonna pay $26/tire for balancing? I'll stick with the wheel weights until these go main stream and cost effective. I'm not poo pooing your decision to use them. I'm not convinced that they are better then what is currently being used.

ok just saw this thread... i mount tires on cars and trucks at my job we have been using these for quite awhile now and they do work really well on all tires that i have done everything from 14" to 26" tires from lo-profile to big monster mud tires put a set in my busa last tire change i did and they work really well have no complaints at all just make sure you line up the mounting dots on your motorcycle tires and put the correct amount in for the tire size they you have and you all should be good to go ... bonus is that they rebalence the tire everytime you start out and then stop they rebalance again when you take off.
here is the website of the stuff we use has a video in it that explains what they do,> Magnum Plus Balancing Compound
click on the spot that says "how magnum works"

Back