Doing this JUST for BT!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Since you've routinely voiced an opinion on the sport bikers' lack of "friendlyness" toward the cops, I've been trying to wave to 'em as I see 'em BT...

Damn hard, I'll admit...it either feels like I'm kissing booty, or I've been caught speeding or something and I'm trying to smooth things over...

So, this morning, I make a full-blown effort to wave to a State Trooper on my way in to work while on the Busa and stuck behind Grandma going 45 mph...I put my hand down and out like I'd wave to another rider, and he waved back...then, he hit his brakes and turned his signal on to turn around almost immediately! I started thinking "great, being nice is about to get me pulled and I've got that 'illegal' verticle plate...", but I didn't stick around long enough to see him pull up behind me...damn cops! Screwing with me like that!
tounge.gif

But, for you my friend, I'm trying to be a friendly sport biker...
biggrin.gif

Michelle -

Are you sure the vertical plate is illegal?

I see trailers all the time with vertically mounted plates, you see motorcycles (mainly crusiers) with vertical plates all the time.

I would think either A) they are not illegal or B) no one really cares..

Just curious, did you do any checking to find out if it really is illegal or not?

Ok, Michelle, I forgot one important point. When you wave at at the popo, use more than one finger! The wave below doesn't work very well with most of us.
laugh.gif

bigfinger.gif

Crap...flipping 'em the bird doesn't count?!  No...I'd never do that, I'm truly trying to get my "be kind to popo" campaign up and running!  
tounge.gif
 It's hard though; I mean, I'm really working to do it, but from time to time I cave and keep looking ahead...did it yesterday - went riding with hubby and other Harley family members, and I was leading.  A cop was heading my way and I didn't wave for fear of having them all make fun of me!  
laugh.gif

Thrasher...I asked the second in command in the county where I work, and he said it is illegal, but that he'd probably not pull me for it...I just figure there's some a-hole cop out there just looking for a reason to write me up, so I keep counting the days until I'm told I have to move it...

In honor of the "Train", I'm trying to do the same...........it does help if I happen to be going near the speed limit. Something about going 20mph above and then waiving at the popo just doesn't seem right...........know what I mean?

AAAssjani.gif

I like flipping them the Devil Horns as I pass them on the right shoulder at about 140...  Give them something to talk about back at the station...  Besides, I like making them to spill their coffee and drop their Krispy Kreme!!!  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's fun watching them swerve as well!!!  

I want to find out where BT works, then head by and talk to his Chief or a Co-Worker, Find out what Zone he's working and go play with him for about 30 minutes...  Just teasing ya know?  Let him get a little close then disapear... then repeat as needed till his Cage catches fire... Or he starts shooting...  
thumbs-up.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: "Phugging Dyslexia Phuggers"|1093628800 -->

laugh.gif

The vertical plate is illegal here in SC too, I asked because I was wanting to move mine but, since then have reconsidered. I will have to try the nice to the One Time thing, I have waved in the past on a rare occassion but, only when I am not speeding, lol.

Crap...flipping 'em the bird doesn't count?!
Well, it's good for an interesting encounter with LE in most cases.
biggrin.gif
Maybe the State guy that hit his brakes after I waved thought I'd done just that! Hrmmm...best watch for him on my way home...
Or maybe he thought blonde babe on a bike is wavin' at me! Woohoooooooo!!! Ok, that's what I'd be thinkin'.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I like flipping them the Devil Horns as I pass on the right in the median at about 140...  Give them something to talk about back at the station...  Besides, I like getting them to spill their coffee and drop their Krispy Kreme!!!  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It's fun watching them swerve as well!!!  

I want to find out where BT works, then head by and talk to his Chief or a Co-Worker, Find out what Zone he's working and go play with him for about 30 minutes...  Just teasing ya know?  Let him get a little close then <span style='color:green'>disappear</span>... then repeat as needed till his Cage cages fire... Or he starts shooting...  
thumbs-up.gif
Ummm The <span style='color:red'>median</span> is that strip between opposing directions of traffic.
Here in the United States of America it is to your far LEFT
in the direction of travel. Passing on the RIGHT would entail
utilization of the  <span style='color:red'>shoulder</span>.

Also I believe you meant "...Cages <span style='color:blue'>catches</span> fire..."    
tounge.gif

Just trying to help out!    
biggrin.gif

Raider
pirate.gif

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1032"|1093301068 -->

laugh.gif

Girl, he probably saw that long blonde hair of yours sticking out the back of your helmet and thought he had to turn around to check you out.
biggrin.gif

No, I think they are right. The long blonde hair flowing wistfully in the air behind you would for shure make him take a second look.

melsled.jpg

Oh yeah!!! Michelle's TRUE obsession again...MEL!!!  
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif
drooling3.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093354150 -->

drooling3.gif

drooling3.gif

Back