waving at others

Just make sure that you use ALL your fingers when you wave at me!

some wave some dont had a guy on a HD give me a great big middle finger once it was a funny cause the dude looked like a true hard core dirt bag i just hope that scooter tramp he had on the back dont fall off cause he deserved her and all three of her teeth

(Wag @ Sep. 07 2007,21:11) Harley riders will wreck if they take a hand off the bar.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
Joey's going to hit you for this one... LMAO.

NO PASTA FOR YOU!!!!

I wave at all motorized two wheel vehicles and law enforcement vehicles.... not sure if I know them or not, so its best to wave.
Ask WAG about the group of scooter cruisers we passed in the mountains a few weeks ago... they all waved back too!!! Remember them WAG?

I wave first. The COOLER HD riders do wave back. The rest are too busy watching grooming their 'tude to be effective in society

Wavin gets to be a bother! Some wave and you got to hurry and hope they saw you, cause I don't want to be like the stuck up A$$'S that don't wave. After one of those and I say screw it, then the next one does and it starts all over again. Now what is the rite way when on a Busa
rock.gif
Hi like your flagin a rescue chopper, or a low like I'm cool.
all_coholic.gif

well gee I feel bad, I got my first street bike in the 70's (305 Dream) and have acknowledged other riders since day one... didnt know I was out of vogue :*(

In town a "nod" of the helmet is usually more than enough. Plus I am usually pretty occupied watching 4 wheelers getting ready to do the right turn from the left lane or visa versa.

On the road, I still give a wave (albeit more a low wave due to the aerodynamics of lifting my arm in to the air flow at 80+ on a Busa)

30+ years and I can attest to the fact that I never get tired of the camaraderie that goes with riding big bore bikes on the road. I get a different feeling riding my Heritage but again, it is just a camaraderie thing I like.

Sometimes miss a wave from another bike due to watching my immediate situation but not too often

I've noticed that single harleys wave most of the time, if it's a pack they all of a sudden become too good for it.

I say F-It i wave at everyone (except scooters, i just can't bring myself to do it lol) if they wave back cool, if not F'em

(Busasweety @ Sep. 01 2007,16:02) I'm sure this has been talked about before but how many of you wave at FELLOW bikers??

went riding today and almost said the hell with it !!

We're riders on two wheels, and we wave at others as they pass and 99.998% of the sport bikers wave back
and @ 90% metric cruiser respond but I'll be danmed if 98.998% HD riders don't, I could complain all sorts of stuff, Maybe I'm being petty, I guess we just like to say "hey fellow rider"

Then again we all don't drive our cagers and wave at eachother do we !!?

P.s    
%'s are pure estimates hahaha
ya just don't get it..do ya sweety.
laugh.gif

How's a wannabee badazz HD rider going to maintain his badazz HD rider image if he's gotta wheel around waiving and smiling at everybody like howdy doody?
rock.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(JINKSTER @ Sep. 10 2007,18:25)
(Busasweety @ Sep. 01 2007,16:02) I'm sure this has been talked about before but how many of you wave at FELLOW bikers??

went riding today and almost said the hell with it !!

We're riders on two wheels, and we wave at others as they pass and 99.998% of the sport bikers wave back
and @ 90% metric cruiser respond but I'll be danmed if 98.998% HD riders don't, I could complain all sorts of stuff, Maybe I'm being petty, I guess we just like to say "hey fellow rider"

Then again we all don't drive our cagers and wave at eachother do we !!?

P.s    
%'s are pure estimates hahaha
ya just don't get it..do ya sweety.
laugh.gif

How's a wannabee badazz HD rider going to maintain his badazz HD rider image if he's gotta wheel around waiving and smiling at everybody like howdy doody?
rock.gif

laugh.gif
I knew a guy that would wave at every bike like a kid flagging down an ice cream truck. He'd be weaving he was waving so hard. He used to get pretty aggravated when other bikers didn't wave back......

laugh.gif

Learn to do the "one finger salute" each time they don't wave...you'll feel better and be chuckling under your lid...it's not like they'll catch you, jeez
laugh.gif

It's all about image for some...don't let it worry you at all...some people "get it" and others are just on their way to buy the latest logo encrusted overpriced crap and don't even notice others riding by
tounge.gif

P.S. I am married to an HD guy...we take turns with the aforementioned "one finger salute" because he too is ignored by the sport bikers
super.gif

(The Big Red One @ Sep. 11 2007,15:31) I knew a guy that would wave at every bike like a kid flagging down an ice cream truck. He'd be weaving he was waving so hard. He used to get pretty aggravated  when other bikers didn't wave back......
You just made me laugh so hard, I'm crying!.... Since our kids learned about the waving thing - that's how they do it too. Now when I see another bike coming towards me, I have to brace myself for the amount of wobbling the bike does due to the kids waving frantically... making sure the other rider sees them and waves back!

I've told them several times that they don't have to be so enthusiastic about it but they insist it's the only way the other bike will notice....

This reminds me of something posted on myspace one time:
ices_rofl.gif

Top Ten Reasons Why Harley Riders Don't Wave Back:

10. Afraid it will invalidate warranty.

9. Leather and studs make it too heavy to raise arm.

8. Refuse to wave to anyone whose bike is already paid for.

7. Afraid to let go of handlebars because they might vibrate off.

6. Rushing wind would blow scabs off the new tattoos.

5. Angry because just took out second mortgage to pay luxury tax on new Harley.

4. Just discovered the fine print in owner's manual and realized H-D is partially owned by Honda.

3. Can't tell if other riders are waving or just reaching to cover their ears like everyone else.

2. Remembers the last time a Harley rider waved back, he impaled his hand on spiked helmet.

1. They're too tired from spending hours polishing all that chrome to lift their arms.

Top Ten Reasons Why Gold Wing Riders Don't Wave Back:

10. Wasn't sure whether other rider was waving or making an obscene gesture.

9. Afraid might get frostbite if hand is removed from heated grip.

8. Has arthritis and the past 400 miles have made it difficult to raise arm.

7. Reflection from etched windshield momentarily blinded him.

6. The espresso machine just finished.

5. Was actually asleep when other rider waved.

4. Was in a three-way conference call with stockbroker and accessories dealer.

3. Was distracted by odd shaped blip on radar screen.

2. Was simultaneously adjusting the air suspension, seat height, programmable CD player, seat temperature, and satellite navigation system.

1. Couldn't find the "auto wave back" button on dashboard.

_

Top 10 Reasons Sportbikers Don't Wave:

10. They have not been riding long enough to know they're supposed to.

9. They're going too fast to have time enough to register the movement and respond.

8. You weren't wearing bright enough gear.

7. If they stick their arm out going that fast they'll rip it out of the socket.

6. They're too occupied with trying to get rid of their chicken strips.

5. They look way too cool with both hands on the bars or they don't want to unbalance themselves while standing on the tank.

4. Their skin tight-kevlar-ballistic-nylon-kangaroo-leather suits prevent any position other than fetal.

3. Raising an arm allows bugs into the armholes of their tank tops.

2. It's too hard to do one-handed stoppies.

1. They were too busy slipping their flip-flop back on.

And just to keep it all fair!

Top Ten Reasons Why BMW Riders Don't Wave Back:

10. New Aerostich suit too stiff to raise arm.

9. Removing a hand from the bars is considered "bad form."

8. Your bike isn't weird enough looking to justify acknowledgement.

7. Too sore from an 800-mile day on a stock "comfort" seat.

6. Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to ipod, XM, or talking on the cell phone.

5. He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not!

4. Wires from Gerbings is too short.

3. You're not riding the "right kind" of BMW.

2. You haven't been properly introduced.

1. Afraid it will be misinterpreted as a friendly gesture

I have to be honest.. I hate waving... It actually pisses me off when people wave. Here I am minding my own business trying to squeeze past a Landrover driven by some hausfrau and a douchebag in a prius and you start jacking that arm all over the place like your having a fit... I'm trying to ride here... If I wanted to wave at people I'd buy another jeep wrangler and wave at those wanks all day.

I don't wave at everyone who breaths air and we all have that in common.

Kinda joking...

Kinda not.

Can you tell I have been thinking about buying a harley!
tounge.gif

(jessup @ Sep. 16 2007,08
zzwhip.gif
) I have to be honest.. I hate waving... It actually pisses me off when people wave.  Here I am minding my own business trying to squeeze past a Landrover driven by some hausfrau and a douchebag in a prius and you start jacking that arm all over the place like your having a fit... I'm trying to ride here... If I wanted to wave at people I'd buy another jeep wrangler and wave at those wanks all day.

I don't wave at everyone who breaths air and we all have that in common.

Kinda joking...

Kinda not.
Thats what my wifes for....she does all the waving from the back while I enjoy the ride up front. Strange thing is she's not as keen on riding lately as she used to be..............damn I miss her  
laugh.gif

Back