waving at others

Busasweety

Registered
I'm sure this has been talked about before but how many of you wave at FELLOW bikers??

went riding today and almost said the hell with it !!

We're riders on two wheels, and we wave at others as they pass and 99.998% of the sport bikers wave back
and @ 90% metric cruiser respond but I'll be danmed if 98.998% HD riders don't, I could complain all sorts of stuff, Maybe I'm being petty, I guess we just like to say "hey fellow rider"

Then again we all don't drive our cagers and wave at eachother do we !!?

P.s
%'s are pure estimates hahaha

If I passed you I would wave.
beerchug.gif

I get lots of Harley wavers.....some sneers...mostly waves. Dont care about the sneerers.

I always wait for them to wave first ... and around here, that rarely happens.

I might get the odd HD rider who is probably the only one in the group that doesn't think he's above everyone else cause he wears orange & black gear.  
tounge.gif

Not a big deal though, I'm honestly not big into this whole waving thing.  
wink.gif

funny thing- when i ride my harley i wave. since i bought the busa
i find at times i really need to concentrate and keep my hands on the
bars
SHOCKED.gif

It changes like the weather. I rode a little over 200 miles this afternoon and after passing at least 100 bikes, I can think of only 1 guy that didn't return a wave. 90% of the bikes in this area are Harleys and today they were all initiating the waves...even entire group rides!
Tomorrow when I go out the complete opposite can and probably will happen.

I probably snubbed a 1/2 dozen myself today. I draw the line at busy 6 lane interstates with a concrete divider where the guy has to raise his arm way up just so you can see it or the guy you can barely see across the big 4 lane highway with a 100' wide grass median.

Personally I'm sick of the wave and wish it would go away. It was cool maybe 30 or 40 years ago when passing another motorcycle was a rare occurrence, now it's just stupid. I have to do it with the Corvette too but at least I don't pass another Corvette every 2 blocks.

I wave at everyone, even the scooters. We waved at one last night, and I think we suprised him!

I always wave as well. I've had very few issues with the Harley riders waving back. Sure there are some that don't, but most do. There are always some that wouldn't wave at their mother.

(rtvegas @ Sep. 01 2007,22:46)
(DaCol. @ Sep. 01 2007,20:10) I ALWAYS Wave, if they don't wave back, Well
wink.gif
, that's their problem  
biggrin.gif
+1
+2

As long as conditions allow (i.e. - I'm not in the middle of a turn or something like that) I'll wave. Lately, most of the HD crowd just ignores me. That's their loss...

I saw a bunch of HDs on my ride today and about the only ones who didn't wave were trying to control their machines in a curve they had taken too fast! ha ha ha

That gesture will come away as more and more people buying motorcycles.
Motorcycles sales increased 27% in 2005 and going up. Nobody waiving in Europe, Japan and most of the Asia countries where motorcyclist are not minority.

New riders think it`s cool waiving every time... just wait when you ride for 20 years...

I`m waiving back to everyone, rarely waiving first.

(Turbo-Torch @ Sep. 01 2007,20:06) It changes like the weather.  I rode a little over 200 miles this afternoon and after passing at least 100 bikes, I can think of only 1 guy that didn't return a wave.  90% of the bikes in this area are Harleys and today they were all initiating the waves...even entire group rides!
Tomorrow when I go out the complete opposite can and probably will happen.

I probably snubbed a 1/2 dozen myself today.  I draw the line at busy 6 lane interstates with a concrete divider where the guy has to raise his arm way up just so you can see it or the guy you can barely see across the big 4 lane highway with a 100' wide grass median.

Personally I'm sick of the wave and wish it would go away.  It was cool maybe 30 or 40 years ago when passing another motorcycle was a rare occurrence, now it's just stupid.  I have to do it with the Corvette too but at least I don't pass another Corvette every 2 blocks.
Waving is old school...it went out with Donna Summers, disco and chest hair. I gave up waving years ago...don't have the elbows for it anymore. I'll return a wave but don't initiate'm
wink.gif

I have had more sportbikes not wave than HD's. Moist of the HD crowd in my area at least know a Busa when they see it and are generally curious about it. Around here it seems that the Busa is the red headed step child of the sportbike family. Oh well if they wave then I wave. If not who cares I ride for me not them.

plus if we wave first we're helping bridge the gap between sport bikes and cruisers. maybe the guy was nervous to let go of the bar [newbie], maybe next time he'll wave at the next sport rider, maybe he wont but the next guy will. i dont take it personal.
smile.gif

Most of the guys who don't wave back are young squids. Like the kid I saw at Taco Bell and commented, " That's a nice looking Duc" ! He just looked at me and said, "A WHAT"
rock.gif
? I said, your 900ss Ducati, "OH" this ! I got it cheap from a guy who was going to Iraq and needed to sell it
wink.gif
. I'am thinking about painting it (it was Ducati Red and looked NEW) Kawasaki Orange
wow.gif
, what do you think ? So, rather than tell him, I just said, "Yeah Nice", turn and walked off !  
race.gif

(The Big Red One @ Sep. 01 2007,23:13)
Personally I'm sick of the wave and wish it would go away.  It was cool maybe 30 or 40 years ago when passing another motorcycle was a rare occurrence, now it's just stupid.  quote]
Waving is old school...it went out with Donna Summers, disco and chest hair. I gave up waving years ago...don't have the elbows for it anymore. I'll return a wave but don't initiate'm  
wink.gif
I guess I'm just old school too.  I've been riding 36 years and still throw my hand up, usually first.  If they don't wave back, oh well.

I used to give the Harley riders hell in the old days when they would complain about jap bikers not stopping to help if they were broke on the side of the road.  I usually told them that they couldn't be bothered to throw your hand up and wave, but God forbid, those same people you WON'T wave at, can't be bothered to stop.

Sometimes they saw the point, sometimes not.

Back