doing 150mph

Well I am still in the break in period, so I am barely allowed to exceed 100 right now. However, I know many of the cops around here, as do my friends. My friend recently asked one of his officer friends what he would do if he clocked him going 150. The officer said he wouldnt even try to catch him. This is for a couple reasons. 1) The police cruiser couldnt even think of catching a crotch rocket at that speed. 2) chases at that speed are extremely dangerous. Also, when radioing in to dispatch, they usually advise the officer not to chase a motorcycle.

FHP told me that if they light up a bike and the rider tucks, they don't chase. They hope the rider just sits up and pulls over.

Don't be too close to home and make sure you've got a decent amount of gas, would aslo be some helpfull tips if you get tagged at 150. I was topping out an sv650 and had a cop give chase after I went by at 140 indicated. SV's are a lot harder to make dissapear than a busa.

They won't even turn on their lights if they clock you going by @ 150mph... :race:

I had one pull out of some trees about 3/8 of a mile ahead last SAT.I was at the top of 3rd gear.When I saw his fender I sat straight up and brake HARD!!!!!down to 55.Followed him for 3 miles then he u-turned and lit someone up coming from the other direction.He didn't have radar on me,it was pointing in the other direction.Can't judge speed on a bike from that distance.I got damn lucky.
EBC contour rotors,HH pads and steel braided lines stop REAL damn good!!!!!!!!Now....what the hell was he doing out in the middle of nowhere????????

They won't even turn on their lights if they clock you going by @ 150mph... :race:

I passed on in sitting in the median on I95 one day around 140-150, I don't think he even bothered. Of course I was at 180 soon after so I don't know.

And in the forest I passed one going the opposite direction on a 2 lane Memorial Day weekend at 150+. I don't even think his brake lights came on. :laugh:

Don't plan on them just writing you a ticket and letting you go on down the road.

Here in Texas they arrest you, haul your butt straight to jail, impound your bike, etc.

Not pleasant.

what can I expect if troopers in missouri radar me doing 150mph.I know there's some high rollers on this site.

Don't know about Missery, but if it is like the rest of the states then:
a. arrest you
b. impound your bike
c. charge you with every tiny thing possible
d. (especially in Texas), make sure you fall down several times on your way to lock up.

Your best bet is to stop, assume the kiss-azz position, and keep your mouth shut (unless you like beatings).

If he can get right behind you real fast then pull over and hope for the best but.....if he has to get in the car or turn the car around then take that time to put some distance between you both and don't look back.:please:

Note to self. Don't ride 150 mph with 11 others. :rulez:

Your best bet is to stop, assume the kiss-azz position, and keep your mouth shut (unless you like beatings).

I'll pull right over. :whistle: They'll earn my beating thank you.

If he can get right behind you real fast then pull over and hope for the best but.....if he has to get in the car or turn the car around then take that time to put some distance between you both and don't look back.:please:

Agreed. If you sneak up on me and light me up ok, but don't play laser tag from the median and expect to meet me. :rofl:

deliverance.gif

Now THAT'S hilarious! :rofl:

ive never had a cop pass me when I was doing 100+ but even at 80mph ive never had a cop pay me any attention.....I usually go to back roads to open up the bike, except for the occasional interstate run.

not a big fan of going crazy in populated areas.....had too many drivers switch into my lane and pull out in front of me.

I passed a Trooper sitting in the median last Friday doing 150, as soon as I saw him I soiled my pants, without thinking I just gunned it harder. Not sure if he tried to come get me or not.........scared me though

I passed a Trooper sitting in the median last Friday doing 150, as soon as I saw him I soiled my pants, without thinking I just gunned it harder. Not sure if he tried to come get me or not.........scared me though

i am wondering why insurance rates are going higher and higher and why people got bad impressiong of sport bikes!??? any ideas?:banghead:

i am wondering why insurance rates are going higher and higher and why people got bad impressiong of sport bikes!??? any ideas?:banghead:

I have no idea why your insurance rates are higher. Mine are reasonable.

I only ride in Florida, so if peeps in Texas have a bad impression, don't blame me.

Last edited:
Back