DYNOED THE BIKE...

URBAN COWBOY

Registered
Hey guys I finally got my bike dynoed today. The owner of the bike shop I hang out at did some free dyno's before we went out on our Sunday ride. My bike put out 162rwhp and spun the roller to 190mph in sixth gear before the speed limiter kicked in. When the limiter kicked in the bike was only at 8500rpm. With a (TRE) she would have spun the roller to 200mph easily. There was an '04 ZX10 there and it did 157rwhp and spun the roller to 176mph is sixth gear. A Honda RC51 did 130hp and 150mph is sixth. I was petty satisfied with my results.

URBAN COWBOY

That is not how the speed limiter works on a Suzuki.

in 6th the bike limiter is 10,200 this is 186 (with stock gearing)is real world not speedo.thus it is limited to 186 but if you put a different sprocket say an 18 on the front you will hit 186+ because you are not close to 10.2K rpms.If you had a 16 on the front you would not even get to 186 because you would hit 10.2K before 186 mph,
Some how something is either wrong with your bike or the softwear on the dyno

Hey guys I finally got my bike dynoed today. The owner of the bike shop I hang out at did some free dyno's before we went out on our Sunday ride. My bike put out 162rwhp and spun the roller to 190mph in sixth gear before the speed limiter kicked in. When the limiter kicked in the bike was only at 8500rpm. With a (TRE) she would have spun the roller to 200mph easily. There was an '04 ZX10 there and it did 157rwhp and spun the roller to 176mph is sixth gear. A Honda RC51 did 130hp and 150mph is sixth. I was petty satisfied with my results.

URBAN COWBOY
What have you done to the bike so far??

in 6th the bike limiter is 10,200 this is 186 (with stock gearing)is real world not speedo.thus it is limited to 186 but if you put a different sprocket say an 18 on the front you will hit 186+ because you are not close to 10.2K rpms.If you had a 16 on the front you would not even get to 186 because you would hit 10.2K before 186 mph,
Yep the complete story from Jonny right on the mark.

I'm going to print out what you stated and give to the shop dyno tech Tuesday. I don't know anything about dynoing a bike, I'm just going by what the tech told me and what was displayed on the computer screen. The computer showed a tach and a speedometer. When the speedometer showed 190mph the tach was at 8500rpm's and then the bike started to stutter. All I've done to the bike is add a K&N, 210 rear tire and Yoshi bolt-on's.

URBAN COWBOY

post the outcome would like to know why it showed that.
Will do.
smile.gif

URBAN COWBOY

I am the tech that Dynoed the bike. I was reading what you all wrote in response to Cowboy's results. I want to correct the RPM results that Cowboy posted actually 9500 rpm. It suprised me because most busas I dyno Limit around 10100-10600 depending on the bike. As I pulled the all gear on his bike I went to 10 on each pull and in 6th the bike limited at 9500rpm. I then asked the speed reading from the dyno tech at the computer then checked the map and it was a true 190 which really suprised me. I am anxious for Cowboy to get the TRE and redyno. I am hoping for 200 which is unusual with busas with the mild mods he has. ---Tech Fasttrixx.com

just for grins what did the tach on the bike say?
I have to say I have NEVER seen a busa not pull to redline and I have done plenty.
also where the graph?

I'm going to print out what you stated and give to the shop dyno tech Tuesday. I don't know anything about dynoing a bike, I'm just going by what the tech told me and what was displayed on the computer screen. The computer showed a tach and a speedometer. When the speedometer showed 190mph the tach was at 8500rpm's and then the bike started to stutter. All I've done to the bike is add a K&N, 210 rear tire and Yoshi bolt-on's.

URBAN COWBOY
Cowboy,

What diameter is the 210 tire you put on?

If it's a 55 and not a 50 like the stock BT-56, that is why it read 190mph before the 10,200 governer shut down.

Other than that, JC will be able to tell you how acurate the dyno is you guys used.

Josh
blues.gif

rock.gif
K&N Filter... and bolt-on exhaust! And 163 RWHP...
wow.gif

Something just does not seem right here! Whats your call on that JC
rock.gif

rock.gif

...also i was alway under the impression that a wider tyre will put in more traction... and hence will eat into the top speed! Here you are saying the bike reached 190 MPH!!!
rock.gif

Dont mean to offend you in any way... but im just curious to know!

URBAN COWBOY
Cowboy,

If it's a 55 and not a 50 like the stock BT-56, that is why it read 190mph before the 10,200 governer shut down.

Other than that, JC will be able to tell you how acurate the dyno is you guys used.  

Josh
blues.gif
The tire is a Metzeler 210-50ZR-17. I'm going to get a copy of the dyno graph from the shop and post it.

URBAN COWBOY

URBAN COWBOY
Cowboy,

Josh
blues.gif
The tire is a Metzeler 210-50ZR-17. I'm going to get a copy of the dyno graph from the shop and post it.

URBAN COWBOY
Thats a bigger diameter than a stock tire. That will turn the drum faster for the same given RPM as a stock setup...

rock.gif
K&N Filter... and bolt-on exhaust! And 163 RWHP...
wow.gif

Something just does not seem right here! Whats your call on that JC
rock.gif
It depends on a lot of things but could happen with those mods and in STD format.

Otherwise SAE no way, just depends how the dyno operator adjusted the values, etc...

Mine did 157 SAE bone stock!

rock.gif

thats wierd that it stoped at 9500 rpms . i did't know that you could get a 210 tire to fit , how tight a fit is it ?

Back