doing 150mph

IF your caught doing 150MPH here in NYC,

- Your going to jail at least 48hrs if picked up on Friday,
- Your bail will be 10 - 20 Thousand for your releases
- Your bike is getting impounded, when you get it back it will be damaged.
- Your going to be charged criminaly and civaly
- Your going to pay at least 3 - 5 thousand in fines and fees..over and aobove bail.
- Your going to lose your license

I know all this for a fact... Had a partner that went through it...

its a horrible risk but lets be honest. we have all done it. ive gone well beyond 150. and i know the risk i take in doing it. but it is like crack and we all know it. and we have all done it. otherwise we would be riding hardly's. ......had a couple already. sorry. not driving though...lol... just be very careful and check the area out before you do it so you can be fairly sure you wont get caught. plus make sure traffic is clear all the way. if not dont do it.

what can I expect if troopers in missouri radar me doing 150mph.I know there's some high rollers on this site.
Buy yourself a V1 radar detector with an earbud device so you can tell right away when they're running radar.  Mine has paid for itself many times over.
while going 150 miles, check the radar detector?
wowold.gif
take a lot of skills. might as well mount it to your helmet visor!
laugh.gif

no use in having a busa in the US then
not for me!!!!
Ill stick to good old Europe,things are more flexible here..no offence chaps
beerchug.gif

Buy yourself a V1 radar detector with an earbud device so you can tell right away when they're running radar.  Mine has paid for itself many times over.
I have a V1 in my car, You think it's worth getting the adapter and running on my 08 Busa...
Absolutely!  I know Mike valentine charges too much for it but (hearing) a radar signal well before you notice the red light comes on is well worth it to me. I switch mine from my car to whichever bike I ride all the time. Switching is a snap.

what can I expect if troopers in missouri radar me doing 150mph.I know there's some high rollers on this site.
wowold.gif
laugh.gif
Read the entire post. I mentioned wearing earbuds so I don't have to look at the radar detector no matter where its located. I happen to have mine on a stem stand but I still can't see the red activation/warning lights in the daylight or hear it sound off while running at speed (just when you need it the most).

wowold.gif
laugh.gif
Read the entire post.  I mentioned wearing earbuds so I don't have to look at the radar detector no matter where its located.  I happen to have mine on a stem stand but I still can't see the red activation/warning lights in the daylight or hear it sound off while running at speed (just when you need it the most).
i read your post, my point was if you can hear it going 150 miles.it is a little noisy in that speed.

Its going to depend on it you are caught by state, county, or local police and what mood they are in.  They may just write you and let you go.  They may impound the bike and haul you away in cuffs.

Assuming they just ticket you, if its county or local, a good laywer can turn it into a non-moving violation.  The court costs will be double the ticket plus another $200 for the lawyer, but its like ticket never happened.  If its state, count on paying the ticket and getting the points.

its a horrible risk but lets be honest. we have all done it. ive gone well beyond 150. and i know the risk i take in doing it. but it is like crack and we all know it. and we have all done it. otherwise we would be riding hardly's. ......had a couple already. sorry. not driving though...lol... just be very careful and check the area out before you do it so you can be fairly sure you wont get caught. plus make sure traffic is clear all the way. if not dont do it.
and I wouldn't STAY at that speed for very long. It not only gets from 65 - 150 in but a few sec. it also drops back down just as fast. I hit it every now and then if the road is wide open and I feel safe doing it but all I do is hit my magic O CRAP THIS IS FAST speed and immediatly make my decent
laugh.gif

lol here in nd a guy got clocked at 176mph on the interstate by a chopper and he got a care required cause no one else was on the road. he didnt even loose his license if i remember right.

no use in having a busa in the US then
not for me!!!!
Ill stick to good old Europe,things are more flexible here..no offence chaps
beerchug.gif
Wish I could go back in time, when I was in Germany I had a stupid Harley Sportster, I thought the POS was going to blow up on the autobahn just doing 90 mph or so.

Kansas Nebraska other midwest states have line of site for a couple miles. At 150 oncoming popo looks like anything else till it's to late. Take it to the salt flats if you are serious about the high speed adrenelin fix. Motorcycles will go straight by them selves. The high speed straightline fix is short lived. Take it to a track and split up the straights with some corners, increase your skill for a true long lasting fix. MHO

F%#$ the police! Just make sure yer somewhere they are not! Take a long ride to the middle of nowhere where it is safe for the public and you can't hurt anyone. I have to ride quite a way but I have a couple of spots I can rip to 180. You'll never out run them and they will definately F--- you up when they catch you. Probably beat the **** out of you first and busta nut over it later with there cop buds. Your just another ******* to them who they would love to take out their long held anger on. Just pray there isn't more than one or it will a cluster fu-- of wild monkeys. Don't forget your bike will be thrashed by some asswhipe numbnut towing company...Oh I forgot there might be some officers reading this so I better tell you they will treat you like the professionals they are. They never break the law or talk in an non professional or politically incorrect manner. They are model citizens and pillars of our communities. Jeez>>> ")

...Oh I forgot there might be some officers reading this so I better tell you they will treat you like the professionals they are. They never break the law or talk in an non professional or politically incorrect manner. They are model citizens and pillars of our communities

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

It's a serious offense in Canada so, I take my chances and RUN FOR IT. Only did it 3 times. Still here....PIGGY!

Buy yourself a V1 radar detector with an earbud device so you can tell right away when they're running radar. Mine has paid for itself many times over.
I have a V1 in my car, You think it's worth getting the adapter and running on my 08 Busa...
Absolutely! I know Mike valentine charges too much for it but (hearing) a radar signal well before you notice the red light comes on is well worth it to me. I switch mine from my car to whichever bike I ride all the time. Switching is a snap.
I grabbed a v1 just for the bike. Has saved me plenty of times!

Common sense of course is always the best defense. Like others have said, tracks are amazing. However If your gonna speed on the road do it somewhere out of the way and even then factor in "someone" watching you or trying to intercept you and call it in. Know the area and a good escape route (or 2 or 3 depending on the area). Do your business and leave immediately. Doing anything less is just giving problems a chance to catch up with you.

Back