Does the Captain want a New Busa?

Well I have been putting this off but you have officially asked for my involvement so here we go. I was actually hoping that the combined efforts of the group would work against each other but I see that the opposite has happened. While I find it extremely flattering that you guys would go to this much trouble for me and I miss my Busa more than you can imagine I dont think that my pride would allow me to accept such a gift. I believe in honor and integrity and my wife adds to that list stupidity. I have never been able to accept gifts expecially when I do not feel like I deserve such a thing. There is a huge amount of guilt that I already feel from the guys on the board offering up large amounts of money to participate in the effort to buy me a new bike. I know that there are guys sacrificing money they have worked hard for and then offering to buy me something, I don't know that I could accept a gift like the one that you guys are talking about. I am a fairly successful guy with a wife and two kids, a new house and no job (hahahahaha). I sold my bike so that I could build the house and have a little extra cash to get my wife everything that she deserved. I absolutely have full intentions of getting another busa but not sure when it will happen. You cannot believe how much I appreciate the offer and the organized effort is applaudable, normally you cant get more than 3 folks on this board to agree on anything but in this case everyone seems to be in concert.

I haven't charged on the site for the same reasons as I mentioned above and in previous post, I never wanted people to have to pay to participate in the group. This board is made up of a bunch of great people some have a little extra money and some barely make ends meet. If you guys decide to go forward with this project then I need a promise from everyone that they will only donate what they can afford. There is no way on this green earth that you me or anyone else could say no to a new BUSA.

Doug King
aka Captain
O.K. First off let me just say that I only read the first two pages of posts to this thread. I was really curious as to what the Cap's thoughts would be concerning this. Hopefully Cap (Doug...whichever he prefers) will read this. These are my deepest sentiments and some of these sentiments may or may not reflect those of the rest of the members of this board.

While reading Cap's reply to all the hoopla, I kinda felt what he was feeling. I'm one of those people who don't mind doing for others and sometimes find it very difficult to accept from others...especially something fairly extravagant. All I have to say to Cap is that it's very well deserved. You have created an environment that has brought together a diverse group people with ONE common interest. Now that a few years has passed by, we find that we have more than just ONE common interest. We have become a family and many have become good friends. Take me for example. I have a second family now and a wealth of new friends. And believe me...I do consider you all FRIENDS. I've especially grown enduring relationships with some people. Some that come to mind as I type this: Cache, LoBusa, Thinker, Havoc, Big O, Jester, Pace Master, Stunnah, Rhythm, Sledhead, and BusaHigg. There are a lot more, but I'm just mentioning those that truly stand out in my mind at this moment. I won't even begin to talk about how Jester, Lo, and Big O took care of me when I had my accident at Laguna. Just believe me when I say that a "true" friendship was formed with people I have never met before in life. It may not mean a whole lot to some people, but giving from the heart is a rare commodity these days. People get so wound up in themselves that the rest of the world never seem to matter. I could go on and get all mushy, but then it'll sound as though I am preaching. All I would like to say is that you rightfully deserve this gift of our affection and appreciation. I will not go into the details as to how much I WILL donate to the cause because I'm the silent, cheerful-giver type. Just please accept this gift as a token of our appreciation and of respect and admiration for you. And if you don't want it, then just send the bike on over to Louisiana. I can think of a couple of people who won't mind the LOVE shown... :D ;) :tounge: :cool:

Sincerely,

BACharles

Now that a few years has passed by, we find that we have more than just ONE common interest. We have become a family and many have become good friends. [/QUOTE]

really Brian it's good to see you back, and your gray matter didn't get messed up...
next time you need food, let me run to BK for ya. thought you were gone a long ass time just to get some food..

Guys, all joking aside - Great site! Good guys! Great information! and Good humor! On behave of the Varsity Cheerleading Squad, I would like to donate $100 to this great cause. Don't have time to read this entire thread, the pictures the cap posted of his new office was enough. Let me know where to send the funds? :)

What is the current status of this busa drive? Has the Captain gotten it? Who is collecting? How much has been collected? I am behind in this one and I am getting cross-eyed trying to read all of the posts. Help!
sad.gif

if this gets big i'll donate 20.00 . Not much but its tough all around .
jump9.gif

Last time I heard from Jester we we're at about $4400.  This is a pre-holiday amount and we're hoping for folks to really start kicking in after the holidays.  The goal is a Busa in his driveway around spring 04.  Yes it's rolling and it's going pretty good so please click on the below links and give what you can.  You won't get anything for it accept a nice warm fuzzy knowing that the owner of this board is back on a Busa where he belongs.

Click on the "Time to get the Cap'n his Busa" link below the account is to the right.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073999246 -->

Actually I think below he says we only have $1200. We need to kick this up somehow - maybe an online garage sale or something?
wink.gif

OK,
I read the first two pages and skiped to the last.

I sold my '02 Black & Blue and working on getting an '04.....

There is NO way a person like Capt. should have to sell his 'Busa and not know how to get aother one...
Some one tell me what to do.... I'm in for at least $50

OK,
I read the first two pages and skiped to the last.

I sold my '02 Black & Blue and working on getting an '04.....

There is NO way a person like Capt. should have to sell his 'Busa and not know how to get aother one...
Some one tell me what to do.... I'm in for at least $50
Go here for more info on send help.

Jester is a good guy and you can trust him to hold your money.

What is the total for the fund at this point? An idea I had to maybe help get the donations coming is to raise enough money for a new Busa for the Cap and say $500 extra and then do a lottery with all the names of those who donated and the one picked gets a set of bolt ons or a new helmet for their busa. Just a thought...

OK I have been here a long time too even though I do not post as much as I used to but I am in. I have met some very nice people on this board NE and some others at bike week. Wish we had gotten to ride more together maybe next year. So I am on for atleast 25.00 maybe more but I can do atleast that. I could not imagine being without my Baby.
Im very new to this board, less than a week but I just bought a new busa last saturday and although I know nothing of the capt. I still would doate along with everyone else and take it out in trade via bothering everyone for help with my new bike ... tell me what you need , when you need it and how we are going to go thru making this happen. Capt. I dont know who you are but if your half the man everyone seems to think you are, i am all in for helping you out in any way I can... best of luck.. jfksmith

Capt.
As I said before my trade as a Certified Internet Webmaster is Specializing in Macromedia...and at your service and If I can help in anyway I can from here in Monterey, CA let me know I'm down...BTY You might wanna look those new '05 pics over to decide when it happens will you buy a 99-04 Bodystyle or a New Body '05...Rumor has it that it will be 32 bit mapping as in the new 750 and 1k GSXR...
Anyways let me know man...

Roy "the Daimyo" Castro
RidersNation
Monterey Bay HQ

Yeah... this is an old one, but seriously?? What is the amount these days? I think between me and Ben there was $400 donated... I wanna see something happen with that.

Our money was donated for a cause, purpose, captain! Is he on track to something?

( :

Cheers,
Rip

Yeah...  this is an old one, but seriously??  What is the amount these days?  I think between me and Ben there was $400 donated...  I wanna see something happen with that.

Our money was donated for a cause, purpose, captain!  Is he on track to something?

( :

Cheers,
Rip
Good question....there should be monthly reports. Or if the issue is dead, the money should be given to Doug.

ok guys, the drive just stoped acouple of months ago, and the funds are sitting at 1550. Thats the last count. Ivent seen anything new for quite some time now. I will be cutting a check and getting to Cap pretty soon so if anybody has any last min. donations, sent it my way.

If not, thank you for every thing that every one has sent in already.

Thanks guys,
Josh

Back