Does the Captain want a New Busa?

in a post on this page revlis says it is at $4,400. is that money that is expected?

<!--EDIT|luckydevil
Reason for Edit: None given...|1095390549 -->

in a post on this page revlis says it is at $4,400. is that money that is expected?
nope it never got that high. When we started this post and idea we had a lot of people say that they would donate and that is when we started a collection. Unfortunately we didn't even come close to the amount that was expected. Anyway I'm sure that Captain can put this to good use somehow.

Thanks for all that gave.

OK so let me ask all of you a question.... It's been just over a year and although you all donated a lot of money there is still a long way to go for a new hayabusa... In keeping with the spirit of the idea of a new bike I was wondering if you all would like to help me by taking the money that you have graciously provided and purchase my 10 year old son his first motorcycle... If you all agree I would like to take that money that has been collected and get him a bike with riding gear. I know that I will have to pay for some of the bike out of my pocket but the money from you all could help a lot. Evan is an awesome kid and he has shown great interest in bikes, I started when I was 8 with my first bike and I want him to share in the excitement.

Please let me know your thoughts on this..

Doug King
aka captain

I'm down with whatever makes you happy. I think that seeing our kids happy is a parent's ultimate joy. Plus you'll be riding vicariously through your son. Go for it!!

I'm down with whatever makes you happy. I think that seeing our kids happy is a parent's ultimate joy. Plus you'll be riding vicariously through your son. Go for it!!
Captain I would really like to see you back on a Busa but I also know how much I loved it when my parents bought me my first dirtbike. I find it hard to believe that we will be able to collect the amount it would take to get you back on two wheels then let us be a bad influence on your kid.
firedevil.gif

The money was ment for you and if that is what you really would like to do then so be it. You know how much this site has ment to all of us and how much joy it has put into our lives it is only fair that we put some joy in your life. By getting your son a new bike with the money we sent you it will make you both very happy. By all means you can use my contribution towards this present. Just as long as you post pictures.
tounge.gif

ok guys, the drive just stoped acouple of months ago, and the funds are sitting at 1550. Thats the last count. Ivent seen anything new for quite some time now. I will be cutting a check and getting to Cap pretty soon so if anybody has any last min. donations, sent it my way.

If not, thank you for every thing that every one has sent in already.

Thanks guys,
Josh
ONE LAST PUSH

While talking to Captain last night I found out what bike he would like to get for his son.  The MSRP is $1699 so all we need is a few more bucks. On my post to find out what everyone wanted to do I put a dead line of one week to vote. On Friday Nov. 5 this is a done deal. I will have Jester transfer the money over to Captain's account and have these post removed. I don't know if it could happen this quickly but if all is said and done his son could be riding by next Saturday.
race.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099150531 -->

ok Guys and Girls. Just a friendly reminder from your local Hayabusa accountant. The funds as of right now are sitting at 1489.61. Thats the running total as of right now. We are only about two hundered bucks shy of completly payin for Even`s new ride.

Igor, just got your latest donation. Thank you very much.

Just so everybody thinks about it. Igor has donated two or three times (I forget, My mind isnt what it used to be) all be it not much, its what he can afford and at least hes thinkin about the Captain and I can not say thank you enough times to make up for what he has done to help and that goes for everyone that has donated over the life of the cause.

Thank you all folks.

Now lets get that last little bit we need.

Give till it hurts!!!!

(dont make me break out my Jerry Lewis voice, its really really bad)

ok Guys and Girls. Just a friendly reminder from your local Hayabusa accountant. The funds as of right now are sitting at 1489.61. Thats the running total as of right now. We are only about two hundered bucks shy of completly payin for Even`s new ride.

Igor, just got your latest donation. Thank you very much.

Just so everybody thinks about it. Igor has donated two or three times (I forget, My mind isnt what it used to be) all be it not much, its what he can afford and at least hes thinkin about the Captain and I can not say thank you enough times to make up for what he has done to help and that goes for everyone that has donated over the life of the cause.

Thank you all folks.

Now lets get that last little bit we need.

Give till it hurts!!!!

(dont make me break out my Jerry Lewis voice, its really really bad)
Thanks for the update Josh.

This is it. This post is officially over. Thank you all very much for helping and I'm sure Captain and his son will think very highly of everyone here.
I will make sure that Josh puts up a post to tell the final total.

Thanks again
Jim

Back