Does anybody Gen3 busa drink gas like mine does

200.gif

What particular bikes do you have prior experience with? You probably have a gauge of this effect, that all of these bikes can go from mileage in the 30's mpg range to the 50's mpg range depending on the conditions. What is your riding of this new beauty like, long cruises or all full-throttle stoplight starts? Have you calculated your actual mileage numbers?

What particular bikes do you have prior experience with? You probably have a gauge of this effect, that all of these bikes can go from mileage in the 30's mpg range to the 50's mpg range depending on the conditions. What is your riding of this new beauty like, long cruises or all full-throttle stoplight starts? Have you calculated your actual mileage numbers?
I’ve had cbr 954, 929 gsxr 750 this is my first hayabusa, but I cruise back and forth to work with and occasional sprint here and there lol

well my gen 2 is ecu flashed with brocks dual ct at 181hp 110 tq. i just got done doing a law abiding ride and got 192 at reserve. stock would get me 200miles simi law abiding at 166 hp 103 tq so i was told the gen 3 gets 30 miles less then the gen2 at stock. it makes a difference though if you riding in 6 gear and having rpm at 3.5 as oppossed to riding in second or 3rd gear with rmp past 3.5 on the gen 2. id say it is close to the same on a gen 3. the nice thing i love about the busa is i can just put bike in to mode b or c to cut hp and use them for touring with better gas millage. i would imagine that can be done on the gen 3 also. hope this helps

When it comes to the stock or near stock Busa the key is moderation. The only issue I have with that is that I didn't and you probably didn't buy a Busa to ride around moderately. I know I can easily get 45 mpg if I want to go easy on the throttle. One day I experimented with it and got about 54 mpg... how boring! Only a Yosh pipe and Ivans plug and play 5th gear all the time ignition curve and fuel map on an 05 Gen 1.

I had a Valkerie for a while... about 32- mpg with that one. My 1400 Concours averages about 38+. Most motorcycles I have owned from a K1 750 Honda, 900 Z1 Kawasaki, GS 1100E and a couple of V65 Sabres and others all averaged right around 40 mpg. I personally think 40 mpg is a sweet deal given the freedom to navigate the gridlock of Socal and the mountain canyon twisties we get to enjoy out here.

Newer motorcycles have many more hoops to jump through than a 05 model so for me its not likely I will get anything newer for a while. Or, as I like to say... newer does not always mean it's better.

I averaged 30-34 on my recent trip TO Orlando over 425 miles. But only averaged 20-25 on the way back...

...I shaved off almost an hour and 15 minutes coming back though. One hour of savings is worth the extra tank of gas.

I’ve had cbr 954, 929 gsxr 750 this is my first hayabusa, but I cruise back and forth to work with and occasional sprint here and there lol
You stated you CRUISE back and forth to work.
How far is it to work?
Is it all highway?
Stop and go all the way?
When you get to 50-55mph are you in 6th gear?

What does your bike say your getting for miles per gallon?

Is your bike 100% stock?

If it really bothers you and you really want better mileage/range
you could do a gear change and a 195 rear tire if the stock is 190.

Count yourself lucky that you can ride now.
It's below freezing when I get out of work and my bikes are still in storage
for at least another month.

View attachment 1648759
Maybe they will insert the opening of the "woe is me" with a 30 second twilight zone segment for more dramatic appeal.
“It may be said with a degree of assurance that not everything that meets the eye is as it appears.”
― Rod Serling, The Twilight Zone: Complete Stories

Back