Air in the tires

argyle66

Registered
Finding it difficult to find Gas stations with an air valve that makes it easy to check pressure and fill the Busa tires with air

does anyone know of a good 45 degree valve add on that works???

thanks for the help

??? Why is it so hard to put air in? I never had a problem with mine.

Come one 300, its hard because of the size of the rotors. Getting those stiff gas station hoses in there securely is a pain. That's why I got a small compressor and fill my tires at home. They also make them small enough to take with you on the bike. Mine was less then $30. Here's a cool angled stem that's easy on and off, not recommended to be left on. Others require the tire to be off the wheel for installation.

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=2123

Last edited:
I use a bicycle tire pump. No quarters (noticed a while back it was .75 for a gas station air machine:hmmm:), no water, no working for 20 seconds and shutting off, no problems. Can get a good bike pump for $20 and never fool with those silly air machines again.

I use a bicycle tire pump. No quarters (noticed a while back it was .75 for a gas station air machine:hmmm:), no water, no working for 20 seconds and shutting off, no problems. Can get a good bike pump for $20 and never fool with those silly air machines again.

Sounds like a good idea :agree:

But i would worry about the size of the valve?

$35 "slime" air compressor and plug kit, stored under rear seat, always have it when away from home.

+1 i bought one at a pro cycle shop for $40 and it's perfect to get acurate p.s.i. readings when your tires are cold. :thumbsup:

Just have some 90 degree metal valve stems installed. I think they cost less than 2 bucks. It'll solvs your problems. :thumbsup:

+1, I bought two at my local bike shop,a small one to fit under the hump with my Dynaplug and a regular stand-up one to keep at the house. I just made sure they would work with the stems. Didn't want to have to worry about power or being stranded without a way to correct the situation.

5-24-06 005.jpg

Contact Charles Traylor, email: cat3n4@gmail.com

Charles has the best angled valve stems I have found but you won't buy them for $2 each. I think they are like $30 for a set? I have them on my street bikes as well as our race bikes and keep a half dozen sets in the tool box. Good investment.

$35 "slime" air compressor and plug kit, stored under rear seat, always have it when away from home.

Where did you get the air compressor that goes under the seat... Do you have a link.

Back