Doc GOT TURBO!!!!

Jeez Doc! you don't have much room left in your garage!  Be careful on that beast!  You've already been airborne on the other one remember?
True Bren, I intend to be extremely careful on the beast! Never enough Busas though.... The cost of the bikes is substantial to say the least, but the insurance costs are what really kick me in the Jimmy.

Jeez Doc! you don't have much room left in your garage!  Be careful on that beast!  You've already been airborne on the other one remember?
True Bren, I intend to be extremely careful on the beast!  Never enough Busas though....    The cost of the bikes is substantial to say the least, but the insurance costs are what really kick me in the Jimmy.
Hey Doc !   Careful with the velcro, man! You don't want to leave Jimmy and the boys stuck on that Bad Larry. If you're plannin' on  ridin' bareback that is
down.gif

Doc be careful with the air shifter. Make sure it is off when you are revving your motor. Just read about a nasty tranny chew.

I have to ask, what would it cost for me to turn my bike into a look a like turbo monster?? the works, but without the airshifter?

I think this could be fun......

Depends if you can do the work and the tuning yourself.

1. Basic Turbo kit $4,000-$7000 depending on the kit.
2. Needed mods gauges etc. $1,000

3.safty precautions Mist system, or inter-cooler something to help eliminate detonation. $1,000-$2,000 (not essential but good to have)

4. Gearing and chain. $400.00

labor for all this about $2,000

Extras like long swing arm and extended body work could as about another $2,000

Jester: Judging from the receipts I have, it would have cost about $5000 for just the turbo with no other goodies, that includes install. I would have to look again to verify.... see what NE says.

The Airshifter is easy to explain. The shifter is set to shift at certain rpm's with activation of the switch. You just don't want to have the shifter on when reving the bike or working on the bike with high revs. Sounds simple but I talked to a guy who was working on a bike and did not know the shifter was on. It went in gear engaged and distroyed some gears. Just make sure it is on when you want it only.

The rest is, you want to do everything possible to eliminate any pre-detonation. The longer you are on boost the more likely the possibility of detonation. The heat that you could be boosting at is very high 1600 degrees Aluminum can melt around tht temp.

Ways to eliminate detonation
1. Negeative Timing
2. High Octaine Fuel
3. water mist enjection on boost
4. Intercooler (*not an option on Hahn setups yet)

Back