Doc Turbo Update

Honestly guys, turbos are a pain in the aass!  I would never own JUST a turbo bike since I like to ride.  I know you will hear tons to the contrary, but here is some reality.  Three turbo bikes came to the Vegas run.  One burned a hole in a piston, one had the turbo lock up, and mine blew something in the fuel pressure regulator.  In the shop where mine is resting, there is another turbo with melted pistons.

I know that Kevin, Motorhead, and MANY others will say a turbo can make a great dailly driver, but face the reality, the engine IS MORE STRESSED, regardless of water injection, intercooling, blah blah blah...   If I wanted big boom on my daily driver, I would go Nitrous...

That said, having the turbo for tearing up local roads and the drag strip is a blast.  I have faced the reality that it is a money pit, but it is fun.  Even though I have only been able to ride a couple of times between shop visits. I owned it for about 3 months, but I have only had it at home for about 14 days...  the rest of the time it has been at the shop...

Just my opinion...  

ps.  NE seems to be having good luck...  what is your opinion NE?
Yhea knock on wood. No question a Turbo is a pain in the ass. I learned the hard way and then set the bike to run extremes. Purrs like a kitten at 4,000 rpm all day boost starts out at 5,000 rpm. Biggest trick is to set for the street not the Dyno. Or set for race. The bike just screems from 5,000 3lbs of boost and keeps climbing to about 11lbs now. You are dojiing the right thing little at a time. Water is just to keep from detonating and a little cooling nothing more nothing less.

hi my name is Clarence i am new in here. My question is can some body help me with some turbo intake drawings so i can make my own intake plenum.

p.s sorry for my English

HOLY he(( talking about raising he dead, did a cloud of dust muster up when you posted in here!!
Posted via Mobile Device

hi my name is Clarence i am new in here. My question is can some body help me with some turbo intake drawings so i can make my own intake plenum.

p.s sorry for my English

Hey:

Welcome!

:welcome:

Nice to see new guys searching!
I can't help but this is a bump for those who can.

This is a SEVEN year old thread...start a new thread. lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Posting from my phone...can't see his personal info.
Posted via Mobile Device

p.s sorry for my English

:welcome: :welcome:
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey 1 year ago you were new.
Help him out or drop off.
That is the spirit of this board.

Uh.....2 years, but I didn't register until I had to post because I was struggling with a rearset issue which I've since resolved. :laugh:

I have a pic of a plenum if that would help. :whistle: I can get you measurements but it would be just as easy to pull your airbox, measure it out and build your own, not too much needs to go into it other than an outlet tube for your downpipe and the correct size extensions to mount on top of the throttle bodies. There's tons of google image pics for ideas.
hayabusa turbo plenum - Google Images

Hey IMO we will never get so big or so great that we can't welcome new guys.
None of us were born knowing anything except how to cry, suck and sh*t.
We all learned it someway, and this board is here to help.
JMO

Uh.....2 years, but I didn't register until I had to post because I was struggling with a rearset issue which I've since resolved. :laugh:

I have a pic of a plenum if that would help. :whistle: I can get you measurements but it would be just as easy to pull your airbox, measure it out and build your own, not too much needs to go into it other than an outlet tube for your downpipe and the correct size extensions to mount on top of the throttle bodies. There's tons of google image pics for ideas.
hayabusa turbo plenum - Google Images

Thanks!
This is info I needed too! :thumbsup:

Hey IMO we will never get so big or so great that we can't welcome new guys.
None of us were born knowing anything except how to cry, suck and sh*t.
We all learned it someway, and this board is here to help.
JMO

Well saying welcome ain't gonna help the guy out. :laugh: At least I gave him some pointers and advice eh? :thumbsup:

:welcome: and there are quite a few Turbo guys here an even some bike builders who may be inclined to voice an opinion... or aid if you get lucky :thumbsup: But as stated above click on the new thread an start a your own thread asking for help in the Turbo section I am sure you will get some help there..:cheerleader: And don't think I forgot either :worthless: we love pics lets see what you got in mind to mod

well looks like someone took a stroll through the cemetery an found you something but I still want those pics :rulez:

Last edited:
Dushiyu - also search Hahn, Mr Turbo, RCC turbo and Velocity turbo - you'll see these plenums come in all shapes and sizes. There's always used ones too if you wanna go a little quicker route rather than tackling a custom one. Best of luck whichever way you go! :thumbsup:

Back