Do you think my marbleized paint makes my bike look scratched?

merczab

Registered
So I originally wanted it all black, but he said that he could put throw some marble on it, to make it look better.
I think if the marble was red or any other color it would look real nice, but since it's white, it looks like I dropped it and it skid...
What do you guys think?
What would you think if you saw it on the street?

Should I ask him to just paint it back to black?
Cuz I personally kind of enjoy it, it's new and a different look; but I was wondering what you all thought.
???

photo.jpg

phqw1oto.jpg

It certainly is different, merczab....no doubt about that!! And, like yourself, I think it would look VERY interesting if the marble was a shade of bright red or electric blue!
Maybe if the side fairings were done as well to match the tail, tank and front guard, it would look more...complete!?! ???

I personally like it, coz it's just SO different and "out there"!!!! Be different, and stand out from the rest of the crowd.....hmmmmm, you've just given me some ideas for my next paint job!!! :thumbsup:

It certainly needs something. I do like the wow factor, maybe some color in the marbling and I do think the wole thing should be done!

I know you did a ton of work but sorry to say from the pictures it looks like you threw it down the road. But I know in many cases pictures don't alway do things justice. Wish I could see it in person so I could be fair with ya.

What do you guys think? What would you think if you saw it on the street? Cuz I personally kind of enjoy it, it's new and a different look; but I was wondering what you all thought. ???

It is your bike, your money and your choice which in the end is all that really matters. But since you asked for opinions: I respectfully vote to ditch the paint job. ....trying to say this as politely/tactfully as possible.

My 2 cents (since somehow, I have hunch that you change your mind...a lot), look into this:

gallardo-flat-black-vinyl-wrap.jpg

Can't make a good judgement unless I see it in person. I learned long ago that pictures do not ususlly do a vehicle justice.

Yes. But to each his own taste. Enjoy it! Don't worry too much what others think.

i would of went a few shades darker on the silver and tried to pull more of it off. the silver is too concentrated in those areas. good concept. just needs some attention

So if I switched the white marble to dark red marble, but only on those pieces, you think it would still look a bit mismatched? I would need to marbleize the entire thing for it to match?

Should I just paint the pieces black?
Or have those pieces a different single color like red or blue?
I sort of wanted some designs on it, because I felt like it looked too plain if it was going to be all black.

I thik a good paint job needs to not only be different but it has to take the bike's shape into account and improve on it. I think this is definitely different but it really isn't doing anything for the form of the bike - judging by the pictures. I think you need to re-think the concept as this one will take a serious amount of control to make it really work with the form. If you are going this far out on a limb with the paint you need a lot of hours of photoshoping to get it just right.

Back