Do You Think My Problem Is The Rectifier Or Is It My Battery Cables?

ChicoTheCop

Registered
I double checked all my connections and tested some stuff
tests show the following

1. with bike running at Idle, battery is charging at 14.7
2, parasitic draw is 0.04MA while bike is off.
3. fuel pump and headlight fuses have juice while the bike is off but the items aren't on
4, the battery tests good for CCA and Volts, but while cranking the bike acts and sounds as if the battery is dead.
5, the bike refuses to start on single battery but will start if given a boost from an other vehicle.

I did upgrade to thicker cables and I used welding Lugs, BUT I think I may have caused the problem by using lugs with bolt holes larger then posts on the battery, starter relay, starter and ground. I'm thinking the poor connection may be the cause of the starting problems.

I was reading online that its only supposed to charger at 14.5 at most and my 14.7 may be a sign of the Rectifier going bad. if so then I would ask you. would the rectifier cause a No start situation?

Please help me out. I haven't ridden for months. I'm in super need of my Riding therapy

If you dont think you are getting good connection because of the lost real estate on the lugs you can add a washer to increase the touch area. .2 diff could be as simple as a meter misalignment... try the washer and connections, trust your instincts and try the easy things first...

cap

Back