Do I need Road 5 GT? compare to Road 5

If I'm just going to ride fairly easy, I normally run 40 to 42. If I am going to run hard through the curves, Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, I will drop the pressure to around 36 to 38. I have had Road 4s spin coming out of turns with 40 to 42 in the rear. Dropped the pressure to 36 and was good to go. Just my experence. Currently running the Power RS and they stick like glue. :)

Try this, carrying you air gauge, as everyone should, along with a tire repair kit, head out on a tankful of a ride with maybe 1-2 stops. Check the pressure at each stop. Whatever it reads after a run at speed for any real distance is the pressure you’re running all day. If you start at 42 after a half hour or sooner, the psi can rise 2-4 pounds, especially in hot weather. Do you want to ride with 46 psi?

Try this, carrying you air gauge, as everyone should, along with a tire repair kit, head out on a tankful of a ride with maybe 1-2 stops. Check the pressure at each stop. Whatever it reads after a run at speed for any real distance is the pressure you’re running all day. If you start at 42 after a half hour or sooner, the psi can rise 2-4 pounds, especially in hot weather. Do you want to ride with 46 psi?
Note to self: higher tire pressure makes it easier to back the bike into corners

Back