AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST DYNO DIFFERENCE

deadly impact:
installation was straight forward, no problems ... but ... it is possible the system touching the "belly pan" could be eliminated if one spent creative time finding the exact-perfect position ... it is possible mine does not have the "precise" bend needed for fit withoout touching the bely-pan???
the pair is still there, just blocked like jeff w. shows;

TURBO 1300:

The "can" logo was a normal decal, not one made to withstand heat ... manufacturer mistake ... they have one that has metal backing ... this is the one that should have been installed, but was not ...

lockhart-phillips is willing to replace the entire system if the "belly-pan" fairing problem cannot be corrected with some creative attempts to "re-position it"

they will call "Slovinia" and talk abut the belly pan fafing problem 1-18-00, should here from them sometime by 1-19-00;

for example, if the pipe ... at the belly pan were about 3/8 inch centered, it would clear the fairing belly pan at the right side bolt, and not be a problem ther, but, it alos has to go up about 1/8 inch to clear the fairing ...???

L-P will replace the can ... with proper "heat resistant logo" ...

so far L-P has been helpful and willing to resolve all issues !!!

Rick, something is bothering me about your dyno sheets. You show SAE horsepower being 168, but the dyno sheets I saw while doing an article at Dynojet today clearly showed 165, with no increase for the airbox mod. How is that?

Turbo-Rick,

That's the spirit ... you're the man ... not only big enough to say you erred but also taking care of correcting it in the broadest sense!

I was counting/hoping on some reasons like that and couldn't believe your results/graphs.

As I've cut open my airbox just before your last weekend results came in, I was beginning to doubt my decision.

I feel like I owe you if this leads to a real good 007 map (let them keep the same number ferchrissakes) available for us all with clearly better results.

When I get my fat behind to Daytona, hope to see you there and first beer (or whatever) is on me if you're able to get us a better map after all.

Turbo Rick.
What have U done to make the engine rew past 10600 rpm ? The stock ECU cuts ignition past 10600 rpm and so far I havent heard of a way to rew higher. Can it be the dyno who is " out " ?
Please lighten me on this subjekt.

Yngve Both My bikes rev to 10900rpm according to the dyno but the stock tack reads 11200rpm so there is some error in the stock tach.
I haven't done anything to the stock revlimiters this how high both my bike rev
How does everyone elses bike rev ????

Turbo Rick

The stock tach is off.....the ecu shouldnt be off. When Mc-Xpress dynoed theyr Turbusa on theyr superflow dyno it was imposible to rew past 10600 and if U read the Service manual U will see that the ECU cuts the igniton at 10600.
I am puzzeled here.
Can it be that the ECU differ from bike to bike ????
Or is your dyno off ????

Yngve
I know that the stock ECU is supose to cut the FUEL at 10600 But both my bikes go to 10900 on three diferent dynos. There has to be production tolerances in the ECU because I have seen busa's that only rev to 10600 on the dyno also.

Turbo Rick

Back