Disappointed in Top Speed of My 2013 busa

ducnut

Registered
My goal like so many is to get to 200 but I'm in no rush. Ryan Schnitz dynoed the bike at 184 HP. With a full Brocks pipe, lowered, custom mapped and the normal things like air filter, pair vlv, stock gearing, short stacks and even ceramic wheel bearings. I have a 2.9 mile stretch to accelerate before having to shut off. The ACU was reflashed with speed limiter removed. I've made two runs with the first being 186.4. I figured what the heck, the limiter is still there. Shot Ryan an email about it and he got back to me saying that the bike ran 195 on dyno. So,,,,,the limiter is gone but I had a new tre so I figured what the heck I'd make a run with that in. 2nd run was 185.1. With the added HP, the bike just makes it to the speed cut off point. Video shows it pull really strong to 185 and then nothing. Is something lacking? Any body have any ideas or is it as Ryan stated, the bike doesn't have the power to push it beyond 185-186? I'm 5'-11", 198 suited up.

The Gen 1 from 99' stock did around 194mph with less power so HP isn't the issue.
Dyno speed is irrelevent...no wind drag or front wheel friction.
Gen 2 is a little lower geared than the Gen 1 so runs out of revs.
Your 184hp...at what revs?
You 186mph at what revs?
Your extra power has just allowed you to get to 186 faster.
I'm not sure the limiter of the 2013 models can be truly removed....i'd be surprised if the wheel sensors aren't used for more than just ABS.

You need at least 200 hp and big balls to do it on the street
Where exactly is the location? Elevation ? Weather?

Because I do this on the open rode I limit myself to Sunday mornings, sunrise, it's cooler then and a lot less traffic.. Elevation is around 670' here. I use two spotters so I know when the best possible time to leave my starting spot. Temps. have been in the mid 50s both times with calm winds. I've been doing this for a few years so I've got it to a science. If the conditions aren't right I don't go out. I was at 11,000 rpms.
'

Something obviously isn't right.
You should be able to easily get mid 190's in 3 miles.
The gen2 won't do 200mph with stock gearing either.
You need a 41 tooth rear sprocket or a 55 series tire.
Stock tire and gearing is only good for 197 mph under perfect conditions.

You need a 18/40 set up with a whole lot of **** done to your ECU. Not just a little flash. You need to get rid of that iap map, you need 30 to 35 degree timming in the mid, step up the s t plates, open up the inj balance , And a whole lot of fuel. This is just a basic start on the ECU and a whole lot more settings need to be done to the ECU, the motor will run so much smoother and a whole lot more powerful. I run this combo on the street it is so fun.

6 years ago in I used to live in Miami and speed on the sr836.. Once I had around 160 mph very early in the morning and a cop with a mustang decided to follow me to give a a dozen of tickets.. I stopped in order to catch me AND he was kind of pissed. However, I do not know what happened and he let me go. That waS sprobably the luckiest day of my life but BE CAREFUL

Every weekend that it's not raining I get mine out for some good runs above 160mph. You all make me feel so lucky to be stationed in Germany.

Everyone sure that hp is enough? Granted on the gearing but seems like more hp is needed to break 200 .. just spitballing

Everyone sure that hp is enough? Granted on the gearing but seems like more hp is needed to break 200 .. just spitballing

OutlawBusa did 201mph with Brocks exhaust and similar mods, and in a mile.
The OP should be able to get mid 190s in 3 miles with stock gearing.
As said, something isn't right.

Hey I'm close brother and my worn out '08 breaks 190 but yes stock probably will not get you over 200 :laugh:

Maybe the TRE isn't doing it's job. .???
I vote for a gearing change. If you really want 200.
It won't be as quick off the line but with almost 3 miles - do you really care?
Top end is what you appear to be looking for, right?

If you don't want to change the gearing you could always add a turbo.:laugh:

I've read all the posts here and I can agree with most.
Something appears to be wrong.
on my 08 busa, I've reached 170mph in 4th at a little over 10K RPM's.
I closed the throttle immediately as my heart was pumping just as fast....LOL

Sometimes I wish Suzuki & Kawi didnt put speed limiters on the fastest bikes in the world. But I can understand why tho
First gens Busas & ZX14s were complete monsters with no speed limiters...
Current gens are beasts as well, but limited

I don't want to think I went 200, I want to know I went 200, so I have two GPSs' on the bike. They both read the same on both passes. Watching my video shows the bike pulling hard all the up to top speed. This is why I thought that the reflash didn't remove the speed limiter. I installed the TRE with the same results. If a bike was running out of guts near it's top speed I would expect excelleration to slow the last few mph. I considered a turbo but my goal was to do as little as possible to get to 200. I've done everything to the bike as Brocks did when they took a Gen 2 to 200 in the Mile. Of course I don't have him turning the bike at track but I expected to be closer than this. Now my next step is a dry nos system.

Back