What will happen when I hit top speed limiter?

"1 thing will happen...you'll wonder why its limited at all....feels relaxed and totally controlled....look on youtube
second half is the busa flat out"

I don't know what top speed each bike actually achieved and I can't measure fractions of a second but according to my clicker finger, the busa won the race to peg the speedo. There ain't a hell of a lot of difference....unless one did a higher top speed which nobody knows without GPS. To be fair, the 14 did a small wheelie in first which might have cost it the extra second but so did the busa.
Here's the clicker finger stats for 0 mph to top speed.
14R
Launch...............00:28
top speed............00:49
0 mph to top speed...00:16 seconds.

Busa
Launch...............02:34
top speed............02:49
0 mph to top speed...00:15 seconds.

Clicker finger for ground covered/time. Both started from exactly the same point, both passed the end of the high bar on that guard rail (before he goes into the turn). According to my math, if they are doing about 186 top speed, that's a total of about 3/4 mile.

14R:
Launch...............00:28
3/4 mile.............00:50
start to 3/4 mile....22 seconds

Busa:
Launch...............02:34
3/4 mile.............02:56
start to 3/4 mile....21 seconds

We'd have to see more races but the busa won this one. Even if the 14R did a higher top speed, it was about a second slower covering 3/4 mile. Would have been an enormous gap in a side by side race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welllllll, we have a pretty wide expressway in Milwaukee.----NO, jk. There are some outlying communities that have 1 mile flat stretches of road through farm country. Judging by your avatar, I'm going to guess your question concerns wildlife. Yes, that's the danger around here. You might be out of sight from police but there are always deer, wild turkey and if your having a real bad day, maybe a cow that got loose.

One mile is not enough to get up to speed and still have enough left over to stop. You may wind up in da weeds...

I might be able to do it if I start the mile at 80 mph. I guess this isn't something you just go out and do without becoming familiar with how much distance is needed to slow down. I'll probably have to work up to it over several runs.

Tricking your bike in to being in 5th all the time is cool and all to remove the speed limiter. But what isn't cool is the ecu stays in ram air compensation and automatic injects 8% more fuel. Good for 150+mph. Bad at everything less then that. The extra fuel hurts power down low.

ECU FLASH gives you the ignition advance without the extra fuel- except for when it's actually needed.

Rob -- I recently purchased a 2006 'Busa that the prior owner installed a z-Bomb on. I'm thinking of removing it because I don't care about top speed and I don't like the idea of it running rich at lower speeds. What do you think I will notice if I remove it? And...it looks like it will be simple to remove. Am I correct? I have the installation instructions. Based on the installation instructions, it looks like I would just remove it and reconnect the wires. I'm quite certain that the prior owner did not have the ECU re-flashed.
Thanks, David

What will happen when you hit the top speed limiter? You will feel a maniacal smile slowly start spreading across your face until it becomes a full blown grin :laugh:. Then you will think....I need to get rid of this damn restrictor :super: then you will think....holy poop I need to brake :lol:

Potentially why my plugs were always fouled back then?
Tricking your bike in to being in 5th all the time is cool and all to remove the speed limiter. But what isn't cool is the ecu stays in ram air compensation and automatic injects 8% more fuel. Good for 150+mph. Bad at everything less then that. The extra fuel hurts power down low.

ECU FLASH gives you the ignition advance without the extra fuel- except for when it's actually needed.

I used to have a favorite spot at home for such shenanigans. I could top a hill at just under jail speed and see for two miles. No side roads fenced pasture both sides. No one or nothing in site hit it. Within two years nothing but subdivisions and lease roads, shame for me. Or a good thing maybe.

Ecu destriction is by far the easiest. Pulls off limiter, pulls off timing retarder, turn fans on earlier, ton of sh*t! Frank is badass. Then If you chose to add power like bazzaz, the bike should scoot

no idea.. I got to 176mph and shut down.. pulled over.. finished pissing... got back on and rode home from " mexico"
Since the topic came up again, I made it to 178 on the 2008 ZX-14 at the end of last season. With shorter gearing on that bike, I only had another 500 rpm to go so IDT it will do much higher than 190. I haven't been back to that road since. Too risky.

I'm only riding the busa right now and yes, I know the first thing I'm doing when I get some mod $$ is get an ECU editor box in there. I feel the flies or timing retard all the time and it is a little unsafe for twisties.

Back