Difference between Canadian and American Specs...

casualdreamer

Registered
My MSgt just bought a bike and he was told there really isn't much to get it back to the states because it is a canadian bike. I really don't know about them but I know for a fact in order to get a bike from Okinawa, Japan to the states you have to send it to mainland and get it tested and emissions done. The speedometer only says KPH so that has to change obuviously but other than that it is a sweet bike. It is a 2000, the internals have been replaced because the guys said there was a defect in the engine and it caused damage to the cylinders so Suzuki switched everything out. I didn't get the mileage but the bike has been well kept. Owner had all paperwork on it of repairs and work. Custom paint, unrestricted, stainless lines, upgraded brakes and it seemed rotors also very nice bike. I just don't feel sure on this Canadian thing. Its looks awesome. The a$$ end seems a bit wider though fairing wise 190 tires so it isn't that. Can you guys tell me any info on it?

Dont know much about bikes but cars it was always the opp.
It was diff for a customer to get a car back into canada but to bring them here
they used to do it all the time.
We used to take in a lot of canadian trades at the dealer.

Depends on the state. Most of the DMV regs say that Canadian model motorcycles meet US DOT requirements so it's just a paperwork issue. If you call Suzuki they want $$$$ for a certificate stating the same thing. If you know what state you are going to register, I would start with asking your local office. Once you get the US title, etc. then it's just like a US bike from then on...

Back